Photos on Princess

Our last cruise was 2019, and we understand there have been changes to Princess photography packages. Has anyone cruised lately (2022/2023) and has answers to any of the following questions.

1.) Are they still doing embarkation photos, the destination (port) photos?

2.) Are they still doing casual/formal photos?

3.) Are the all of the photos still printed out and put in the Photo Gallery?

4.) As an example: if you buy the 5 photo package, do you get the five prints and the digital files on a thumb drive of the 5 photos that you have selected (or does the thumb drive have the all photos you have posed for)?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

1) Yes, in fact, the photographers beg passengers to pose for them

2) Same answer as #1

3) Depends on the ship. On the newer ships such as the Sky, no photos are pre-printed, but you can view the photos on a monitor and they will be printed on demand.

4)  ???  Never posed for the ship photographers so never had photos to purchase.

I was just oh the Discovery and did not have a photo package. Yes, they took embarkation photos, but I didn't realize that was what was being taken. On embarkation day, there were photographers around taking pictures with a green screen. A stopped at one of the "stands", and what I got was that a pose with an image of the discovery in the background, and another photo with Princess logos on it. No photo with the date and stops on the voyage like before. I also didn't realize that the photo package is for the print and digital image. If all you want are the digital images, it's cheaper to buy them (~$15 each). It's a little more for the print and digital image. You can use the medallion app to download your purchased images. A really simple process.

There were photographers out every night with various backgrounds, just like before. You view your photos on computer screens in the photo shop, and do your purchase there. I do not think you can purchase photos on the medallion. 

You can also upload photos you have taken and have gifts made like canvas prints, memory boxes, and ceramic tiles. There are lots more options now with the medallion.

• Like 1

On the Coral in February: 

1.) Yes, we had embarkation photos and  destination (port) photos taken.

2.) Yes, we had the opportunity for both casual and formal photos.

3.) A selection of photos were printed and displayed at the photo gallery, but not all of them. All photos were available to be viewed in the Medallion app and digitally at the photo gallery.

4.) We purchased the 5 photo package and received printed copies and a non-branded USB with the digital images. The USB only contained the 5 images we paid for, not all images we posed for. We could also download our 5 chosen images from the Medallion app while on board only.

• Thanks 1