God save the king

les37b

5 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Have you tried asking Alaskan railroad about the "Rail defects" that SS are claiming that they have on their lines Les? I'm sure they would be interested if their safety record is being brought into question. This was what I found so infuriating at the time of our sub-optimal experience. You are passed from pillar to post from one person that either hasn't got a clue or lies through their teeth to the next. They just make it up as they go along and that does seem to be the culture there. It looks like they havent improved much. Did we ever hear any more about the data leak that wasn't a data leak?

To be fair, I did call AR when the tickets were issued to ask if there was a train booked but could only get through to their ticket booking line. They suggested their general offices wouldn’t be available until after the public service started.

Also, having worked in the rail industry for 40 years, things can and do happen particularly on tricky lines. I did look to see if there was anything in the media for landslips or similar, but not found. The rail problem wasn’t mentioned in the email, that was the ship adding plausible creative reasons… and suggesting it was the cause. I don’t expect to get a reply on the ship, which you can read into that I think. If it is something out of SS control along these lines, I’m genuinely ok. Things happen on travels. SS have the opportunity to come clean. I hope they take it because the alternative “facts” if it is the case is embarrassing.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2023 at 4:32 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Thanks.  That's so much easier than the US, where everybody is a citizen of the same country but several states want to impose passport controls...  [and that works both ways!]

Until I re-read and saw “states” I wasn’t sure if you meant Mexico or Canada! 😅