Dora or private tour?

2011mom

I saw a similar question last month comparing Dora to a ship's tour. I'm curious about private tours. Dora is $75pp and is up to 16 people on the tour. We are 3 adults so with Dora it would be $225. For $285 I can book a private tour for the 3 of us with Hi Colombia. What are people's opinions - is Dora so great that it's worth being in a bigger group? Or should we go for the private tour? Thx!

11 hours ago, 2011mom said:

I saw a similar question last month comparing Dora to a ship's tour. I'm curious about private tours. Dora is $75pp and is up to 16 people on the tour. We are 3 adults so with Dora it would be $225. For $285 I can book a private tour for the 3 of us with Hi Colombia. What are people's opinions - is Dora so great that it's worth being in a bigger group? Or should we go for the private tour? Thx!

Unless someone has taken a tour with Hi Colombia (which I've never heard of, fwiw), I don't know how they can really answer this.

All I can say is that we toured with Dora some years ago, and it was a great tour.  From my reading here on CC, that still seems to be the case.   (And it is a private tour, just not a very tiny one.)  

What do you know about Hi Colombia?  I can't find them on Trip Advisor, although a "Hi Cartagena" company comes up there.  The most recent reviews are really poor.   (I think it's the same company, because if you go to the Hi Colombia web site, scroll to the very bottom, and click on the Trip Advisor logo, you get taken to the Hi Cartagena reviews.)

I hope you enjoy whatever you decide to do!

7 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

What do you know about Hi Colombia?  I can't find them on Trip Advisor, although a "Hi Cartagena" company comes up there. 

You're right, I made a mistake. It's Hi Cartagena. Yeah I saw the reviews. Maybe I should just go with Dora. I emailed her and she said it's a 16 person tour, it seemed like a lot of $ for a tour like that, but everyone does love her! Thanks for your response!

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...