late flight, early flight ... help pls

katnapa

I booked a flight from SFO arriving at LAX at 11:45 for the Carnival Pride leaving from Long Beach. The transfer, which is about 45min, is booked w/Carnival. Is getting to the port at 1-1:30 too late? Would I be better taking a 7am (ug) flight getting me in at 8:30? I'm traveling with an 8 yr old.

I would stay with the time you have.

You should be able to get right on the ship, go to your room, have some lunch and still have time to join every one else take it all in.

If you go with the early time that means getting the little one up earlier and you wont be able to board the ship that early, it's the old hurry up and wait routine, no fun.

Thanks for the reply. I have gotten mixed messages, many of whom say leave as early as possible, others who say its a must to get to port a day early. Nice idea but that won't work. Have a great one.

Keep the original flight, so many people are getting to the port earlier and earlier that Carnival has recently posted an advisory that if you get to the port more than 30 minutes before the 'posted start time' for boarding you should be prepared to stand outside in whatever weather until they are ready to board. (At LA-Long Beach, the official start time is 1:30)

http://carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Embarkation_Arrival.aspx

I think the flying in the day before is more important for longer distances and when changing planes is needed or when weather might be a factor. In your case, there are plenty of altenative flights from SFO to LAX so if there was a problem with one flight, you have lots of options and it's only and hour or so flight so even if you do have any delays (and fog will be the most likely culprit), you'll be fine.

Archived