What reservations do I need to make upon boarding?

skipsaur

Hello!

It's been years since I've cruised and this is my first time on an MSC ship.

Looking for help remembering what all I need to reserve once I get on board? Do I need to go in-person or can I do it on the app once on board? I've sailed other lines where you could pre-reserve online months ahead but that doesn't seem to be case with MSC, is that right?

I'd like to see some main theatre shows and a Carousel performance. I have a kid so I think I also need to head to the kids club, not sure if I need to be worried about capacity? We're also looking to do early seating and hoping for a table to ourselves instead of a shared table.  Should I head to the MDR and see if the Maitre d' can help with that? We requested early seating during booking already but I've read on here that sometimes that's hit or miss, but I doubt anyone would want to share a table with a young child if we get a 9 PM seating! 😂 

Thank you!!

First, you need to help us out with the ship you will be on.  Different classes of ships offer different procedures.  The newer the class, the more options.  On Seaside class, you can make reservations for the free shows on screens around the ship.  Dining arrangements depend on the experience you booked.  If Bella or Fantastica experience, your dining time and table will be assigned and printed on your card.  If it is not satisfactory to you, you can. Is it the MDR and speak with the Maitre ‘d.  If you are Aurea experience you have anytime dining.  If you are in the Yacht Club, you have your exclusive dining room.  
Canr help with the kids club.  EM

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

First, you need to help us out with the ship you will be on.  Different classes of ships offer different procedures.  The newer the class, the more options.  On Seaside class, you can make reservations for the free shows on screens around the ship.  Dining arrangements depend on the experience you booked.  If Bella or Fantastica experience, your dining time and table will be assigned and printed on your card.  If it is not satisfactory to you, you can. Is it the MDR and speak with the Maitre ‘d.  If you are Aurea experience you have anytime dining.  If you are in the Yacht Club, you have your exclusive dining room.  
Canr help with the kids club.  EM

Thank you, that helps! We are on the MSC Bellissima which is a sister ship to Meraviglia, I believe. We chose Fantastica specifically for the ability to select early dining. There was no option for Aurea, not sure if it was sold out on our sailing or if there's a way to upgrade later.

We didn't see YC being the right choice for us this time, as it's our kid's first cruise and we're not sure if long dining room dinners will work out behavior-wise or if buffet will be an easier option most nights. Same with most other YC facilities and benefits. Maybe one day when kid is older or if we're traveling by ourselves! 😁

Edited by skipsaur