Current CN banner on NCL's homepage

This is what I see when I log into NCL's homepage:

"YOU HAVE UNUSED CRUISENEXT DEPOSIT(S)Book any stateroom on any sailing departing in 6 months or more. Limited time only.

I'm new to using CN, but I believe that the only thing that is accurate here is that "You have unused CruiseNext deposits"  (I do)

I don't believe that I have to use them six months in advance, only by final payment.

I don't believe that it is for a limited time (only limited by my CN expiration date).

Am I missing something?  Nowhere does it limit it to the current double CN offer (which I believe is balcony and above 4 months out).

Edited by ChiefMateJRK

CruiseNext certificates terms change from time to time regardless of when you purchased them.  When I first purchased two CN certs the terms were I could use two CN certs on Balcony or above on sailings 6 months out.  NCL said  I could apply them at anytime as long as we were still 6 months out.  Personally (based on experience) I’m not certain they have that much control of what you apply and when.

I have actually switched to CruiseFirst. If I see a cruise I want, I book using the normal deposit…and as soon as a $250 CruiseFirst offer comes up, I buy it (for $250) and apply it to my existing reservation. CF certs are for cruises 120 days out.

It seems like the $250 CF offer comes up every 4-6 weeks.

hope this answers your inquiry🤓

And, yes…most of your “special offer” is just marketing hyperbole…which is probably why you posted.

Edited by laudergayle
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

CruiseNext certificates terms change from time to time regardless of when you purchased them.  When I first purchased two CN certs the terms were I could use two CN certs on Balcony or above on sailings 6 months out.  NCL said  I could apply them at anytime as long as we were still 6 months out.  

Thanks.  Actually, contrary to typical NCL practice, the Terms and Conditions of the basic CruiseNext are pretty clear.

Norwegian Cruise Line - Promotions Terms and Conditions (ncl.com)

I think somebody at NCL is confusing the normal, consistent CruiseNext terms with the occasional DoubleUP! promos, that do vary from time to time.  That is where deadlines, cabin types and offer expirations tend to fluctuate.

Nowhere does it say I can't apply my CN at any time up until its expiration date (4 yrs) and that I can't apply it at any time up until final payment.  I have no clue where that six months came from, although that has been a criteria at times for the DoubleUp! promo.  That's why I asked if I was missing something.  I don't believe I am.

40 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Personally (based on experience) I’m not certain they have that much control of what you apply and when.

Yeah…that’s why I said the above.  All the words around the CN terms seem to be marketing speak. Just don’t ask your NCL PCC to apply it…they follow the current “marketing speak”. Just apply it yourself online.  

42 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

I have actually switched to CruiseFirst. If I see a cruise I want, I book using the normal deposit…and as soon as a $250 CruiseFirst offer comes up, I buy it (for $250) and apply it to my existing reservation. CF certs are for cruises 120 days out.

I thought CruiseFirst could only be applied to new reservation.

1 minute ago, RocketMan275 said:

I thought CruiseFirst could only be applied to new reservation.

Well that’s what the terms say.  However, I have used it on previously booked reservations.  Apply it yourself online…don’t ask your PCC…they follow the terms.

2 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Well that’s what the terms say.  However, I have used it on previously booked reservations.  Apply it yourself online…don’t ask your PCC…they follow the terms.

I don't use a PCC nor do I book online.  

20 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Yep.  The CruiseNext also indicate "new reservation," but we've never had a report of them not being applicable to existing reservations.

"All CNDs (including Haven option) are valid for new reservations that book and sail within 4 years from purchase date. CNDs become null and void after expiration. Failure to redeem and sail within 4 years will result in forfeiture of your CND(s). Not applicable towards existing reservations."

I just applied one to an existing reservation earlier in the week.

• Like 1

We, through our PCC, have used CruiseNext after booking a cruise. I suppose our PCC might not have followed the "rules" or knew it would go through.

@RocketMan275, your TA likely uses the same system as the NCL PCC, so would be able to apply your CruiseNext as mine did. Just request they do. They'll see it in your account and tell you if they're able to use it. If they say no, just tell them to try it out. You might teach your agent something new.

2 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

We, through our PCC, have used CruiseNext after booking a cruise. I suppose our PCC might not have followed the "rules" or knew it would go through.

@RocketMan275, your TA likely uses the same system as the NCL PCC, so would be able to apply your CruiseNext as mine did. Just request they do. They'll see it in your account and tell you if they're able to use it. If they say no, just tell them to try it out. You might teach your agent something new.

Thank you for the suggestion but I won't be buying CruiseNext.