Celebrity Visa, Redeeming Points---THEY FIXED IT!

jwlane

I'm happy to report less than 24 hour turnaround using the BoA online portal to redeem points until they showed available in my cruise planner!  Also, these were Celebrity Visa points used to purchase OBC for a Royal Caribbean cruise in 3 weeks!  By the way, also had 48-hour posting of the shareholder benefit after submission on the RCI portal.

Edited by jwlane
  • Like 7

• jwlane changed the title to Celebrity Visa, Redeeming Points---THEY FIXED IT!
1 hour ago, thebutlerdidit said:

4 x points (in April)  

We scored that on the 2 Royal cabins we booked (with our Celebrity Visa) for next month---and weren't even aware of the promotion!  Serendipitous!

I want to point out the card is pretty bad as you have to spend a lot to get the OBC bonus.  You're far better off with other cards with one of the best without an annual fee the Citi Costco card although you do need an active membership.  It offers 4% back on gas/EV charging, 3% back on travel/dining, 2% on costco purchases and 1% on everything else

• Thanks 1

I didn’t have any problem spending the amount needed to get my 30,000 points, which translates to $300 OBC.  However, I will not be using this card any longer as it really isn’t worth it after those initials points.  It only gives  point per $ spentexcept if you spend it on Celebrity, which gives you $2 for ever 1 spent.  Not worth it after the initial reward.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I want to point out the card is pretty bad as you have to spend a lot to get the OBC bonus.  You're far better off with other cards with one of the best without an annual fee the Citi Costco card although you do need an active membership.  It offers 4% back on gas/EV charging, 3% back on travel/dining, 2% on costco purchases and 1% on everything else

I know it’s not a great card, unless you’re sailing Celebrity or Royal. I told B of A so in a survey they sent me a while back. When the 4x points offer hit my email I liked to think I had something to do with that. I still would not recommend the card to others, again, unless they have an upcoming cruise and have a good initial OBC offering. 

1 hour ago, LuvCruzn4Evr said:

I was not offered the 4X points and made big payments to Celebrity in April. I received the usual 2X points not 4X so guessing one had to opt in through the email offer???

I received an email about the offer from Celebrity Cruises. It’s something to watch for. 

Received April 1. 

IMG_8702.thumb.jpeg.fe4089d955ecd9594fb8f2e0e0d8a202.jpeg

1 hour ago, LuvCruzn4Evr said:

I was not offered the 4X points and made big payments to Celebrity in April. I received the usual 2X points not 4X so guessing one had to opt in through the email offer???

I wasn't aware of it but still got the 4X points.

Nope, didn't get that email from Celebrity but received hundred others 🙄 I booked 2 cruises while onboard Solstice in April & used my card. I just checked my statement and I received 4X points only on those deposits so I didn't really notice that. Would have been great if it had applied to all payments...not just new cruise deposits!

Edited by LuvCruzn4Evr
clarification