Best place for crab (with other options)

chilis

Hi all,

Looking for the best place for crab that also has non shellfish options.  My husband loves shellfish and very rarely gets to eat it because the old ball and chain (me) is allergic and so clearly doesn't cook it for him.  😉

I've read rave reviews of Tracy's, but all they have that's non-crab is pulled pork, which I'm not opposed to, but would like a few extra options if possible.

Between ISP, Sitka, and Juneau, where is a good place where he can get crab, but I might also have a choice of something to eat?  

Thank you!

Since your post mentioned Tracy's (which I think is over rated) I wonder if he is only interested in crab?

In Sitka we like the Bay View Pub: they have limited fish but excellent halibut and chips.  There are a number of fish options on the menu at The Hanger on the Wharf in Juneau.  Just google the restaurants for their menus but remember that their daily specials won't appear.

In ISP there is a crab shack on the pier near where the tender dock was (it is obvious).  The restaurant in the long red building has had excellent halibut and chips in the past, but much of the non-seafood options were items like hamburgers (if my memory is correct since we were there for the fish).

If your embarkation/debarkation includes Vancouver and there's a group of 6 to 8 of you... some may choose premium Chinese Seafood restaurants for a live crab Vancouver style...

Please don't ask for boil 'n butter.  Ginger w/ garlic is my fav, deep friend spicy knuckles, backed Alaskan for the body?  Yes, you can order other shellfish on the side if it interests you.

7 hours ago, latebuyer said:

shoom in vancouver and they had excellent crab

Shoom is one of my fav hole in the wall places for seafood.  Somewhat hard to get to for those staying downtown.  Reservations recommended as they can get busy.

This is one of the places to REFUSE the VIP room.

Edited by xlxo