Anyone have flights confirmed with NCL to London and / or Reykjavik

skatie

We did get an awesome deal for air for our NCL cruise in Sept from Toronto to Reykjavik and then home from London to Toronto (2 day deviation on both ends).  I know there are lots of pros and cons with booking with cruise line, but we locked into it!  Just wondering if anyone else has confirmed flights yet to or from these destinations with NCL bookings?  Did you get direct flights?  Flight times? Which airlines did they use?  Which airport in London did they book you to fly out of (or into)?  Also for anyone who has booked a 2 day deviation, do you truly get two full days prior to your cruise to be in the city or is it just a guarantee that you would arrive sometime on day 1 of that deviation?    Thanks!

29 minutes ago, skatie said:

We did get an awesome deal for air for our NCL cruise in Sept from Toronto to Reykjavik and then home from London to Toronto (2 day deviation on both ends).  I know there are lots of pros and cons with booking with cruise line, but we locked into it!  Just wondering if anyone else has confirmed flights yet to or from these destinations with NCL bookings?  Did you get direct flights?  Flight times? Which airlines did they use?  Which airport in London did they book you to fly out of (or into)?  Also for anyone who has booked a 2 day deviation, do you truly get two full days prior to your cruise to be in the city or is it just a guarantee that you would arrive sometime on day 1 of that deviation?    Thanks!

Check on the NCL section and your roll call 

• 2 months later...

For our September NCL cruise they booked us on British Airways, 7 hours direct to Heathrow airport in London from Pearson.  And return is the same.  Arriving early morning day of cruise and flying back on same day the cruise ends.  The flight times look OK and we are using NCL bus to/from ship at Southampton.  Will know after the cruise if this was a good deal.

A number of years ago, my travel agent had a group on BA, scheduled early morning arrival, for a late evening cruise departure (I traveled a week earlier). BA cancelled the flight, said no problem, lots of space on tomorrow's flight. That of course was too late, he spent most of the night rebooking people to get them there on time.

Earlier this year, snow in London, BA was in chaos, my flght was delayed two days (I was three days early, so no panic).

Same day arrival- best have a contingency plan.

OP here - just relooping to let you know our flights for our Sept Cruise that were made by NCL.  I'm pretty happy with the end result - especially when the price for flights was a total of $1100 for the two of us.  

• Direct Flight from Toronto to Reykjavik (9pm departure - 6:20am arrival)
  • From Heathrow to JFK to Toronto (3 hour layover in JFK)

1 hour ago, skatie said:

OP here - just relooping to let you know our flights for our Sept Cruise that were made by NCL.  I'm pretty happy with the end result - especially when the price for flights was a total of $1100 for the two of us.  

• Direct Flight from Toronto to Reykjavik (9pm departure - 6:20am arrival)
  • From Heathrow to JFK to Toronto (3 hour layover in JFK)

Glad you got those great flights!  I too have been very fortunate with NCL air and you definitely can't beat the price. I hope we have the same luck with Regent (their Sister brand) next Spring.