Princess vs Airline

azgrandmax3

I am not sure what to think or do?

3 days ago we paid extra for seat location on our July flt on United. Which does show up on United website.  Yet today we were finally able to get on Princess flt page. We were asigned seats.  No where near the pd for seats. The seats we chose are marked taken. The flt is described as "Lufthansa  operated by United".  Have you had such an experience.  What should we expect. Our booking is with EZ air. 

Thanks for your help.

21 minutes ago, azgrandmax3 said:

3 days ago we paid extra for seat location on our July flt on United. Which does show up on United website.  Yet today we were finally able to get on Princess flt page. We were assigned seats.  No where near the pd for seats. The seats we chose are marked taken. The flt is described as "Lufthansa  operated by United".  Have you had such an experience.  What should we expect. Our booking is with EZ air. 

Thanks for your help.

In my experience, the EZ-Air interface in Cruise Personalizer does not auto-assign seats. 

Some more information would be helpful.  Like what class did you book?  It appears you booked a codeshare with Lufthansa on United equipment.  (Was this much cheaper than just booking United option?).  

Seat selection should be done with the operating airline - which appears to be UA from your post.  You didn't explain how you made the EZ-Air booking (and class of service goes into this as well).  Depending on the airline situation, you can sometimes do seat selection right when booking the tickets using EZ-Air.  Sometimes, you have to wait until flight is actually ticketed in order to do seat selection. 

What does UA website show you today for your seats?  I'd check with UA as to what they have on record.  Make sure your profile with UA is linked to the booking, etc.  If the pricing is similar, I'd cancel the LH flight and book the UA flight number so that you don't have a codeshare situation.

ETA:  Once you have a clear situation with UA, you can call LH and give them their file locator and ask them to remove the "bad" seats as you have seats blocked with UA.  You don't want LH sending their selection to UA and over-riding what you booked with UA.  (Sometimes the same file locator is used by two airlines - the codeshare and the operating - and sometimes there are two separate codes).

Edited by Steelers36

I would use your PNR and open up your reservation on the airline’s website and check your seat assignment there.  That is what will be followed at check-in.  If the seat assignment there doesn’t match the seat that you extra paid for, take it up directly with the airline.  After all you paid the money for the upgraded seat location directly to the airline, if I’m understanding this correctly.  If the airline can’t reinstate the seat assignment you paid for, then request a refund of the amount paid for the special seat location from the airline.

I doubt EZAir will get involved as they are only responsible for the original ticket booked, not anything ancillary added after the fact.

• Like 1

Has your flight been ticketed? In my experience once the flight is ticketed you're safe to make changes like seat assignments directly with the airline, but if you do so before it's ticketed you risk EZ Air reissuing the flight and overriding the changes/upgrades you made.  Might not be the case for everyone, but that's been my experience. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

'd cancel the LH flight and book the UA flight number so that you don't have a codeshare situation

I would not cancel the LH codeshare booking and rebook as UA at this point, because the OP would lose the seats they paid extra for. Or, have to try to recover them with UA.

Also, we don’t know if the OP is ticketed.

Sometimes the air is lower using a codeshare on EZAir.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, azgrandmax3 said:

3 days ago we paid extra for seat location on our July flt on United. Which does show up on United website.  Yet today we were finally able to get on Princess flt page. We were asigned seats.  No where near the pd for seats. The seats we chose are marked taken. The flt is described as "Lufthansa  operated by United".  Have you had such an experience.  What should we expect. Our booking is with EZ air. 

Thanks for your help.

What you are showing on the UA website, IS what seats you are holding and paid for.

You will be flying UA, doing your checkin with UA etc.  Make sure you’ve downloaded their App and check for any schedule changes periodically.

If you’re seeing EZAir flight info, you may have requested seats initially through them.  But, you definitely should go by the seats you selected on UA and confirmed on their website.