First NCL cruise and I was a bit disappointed

1 hour ago, Bonobochick said:

I haven't been back at Teppanyaki since they switched from filet (my go-to meat choice there) to sirloin. I've seen a few posts that folks haven't been able to notice a difference so that's promising. My fear is by the time I cruise again and go, the beef option with all the cost cuts will be chuck. 

I've been in the same camp.  My second to last time at Teppanyaki was over a year ago.  The "steak" was not great.  I wasn't planning to return except on on the Bliss two weeks ago we attended the Atrium Tappanyaki chef show in the morning and couldn't resist.  Since I had a bad steak experience (or two), I just ordered the shrimp and chicken.  Both were delicious!!  Now if we can just figure out how to get them to return some more flavor/garlic to the fried rice, we'll be good to go.😎

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bonobochick said:

I haven't been back at Teppanyaki since they switched from filet (my go-to meat choice there) to sirloin. I've seen a few posts that folks haven't been able to notice a difference so that's promising. My fear is by the time I cruise again and go, the beef option with all the cost cuts will be chuck. 

I noticed there were many nights when Teppanyaki had an amazing amount of table/grills that weren't being used when I was on the Breakaway.  Never seen that before.

19 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I've been in the same camp.  My second to last time at Teppanyaki was over a year ago.  The "steak" was not great.  I wasn't planning to return except on on the Bliss two weeks ago we attended the Atrium Tappanyaki chef show in the morning and couldn't resist.  Since I had a bad steak experience (or two), I just ordered the shrimp and chicken.  Both were delicious!!  Now if we can just figure out how to get them to return some more flavor/garlic to the fried rice, we'll be good to go.😎

You would have loved our fried rice at Tappanyaki on Pearl last month! Our chef was awesome and everything was delicious!

Here’s a video of him starting the rice and adding a LOT of garlic!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bonobochick said:

The Breakaway is my brother's favorite cruise ship, but he said the downgraded beef at Teppanyaki was terrible; he described it as "dog food," and the chicken was way overcooked. He said the shrimp were great and so that's what I ordered, and they were indeed good.

• 1 month later...

Went on the Getaway in October last year and a combination of things made us both decide that we would take a break from NCL for a while. Now I’m trying to find a trip for this October and the Joy has the itinerary that I like the most, and I’ve checked all the lines. Just having a hard time pulling the trigger though after what we said last year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1