I think I found a link to a MSC Memorial Day Sale...

Stockjock

According to the Terms & Conditions, it looks like it was supposed to run from May 10, 2023 through May 18, 2023, which doesn't entirely make sense since Memorial Day is May 29th.

Here's the link, although it's just a placeholder for now, with no selectable options, as of this writing.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/cruise-deals/memorial-day-sale/all-itineraries

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stockjock said:

According to the Terms & Conditions, it looks like it was supposed to run from May 10, 2023 through May 18, 2023, which doesn't entirely make sense since Memorial Day is May 29th.

Here's the link, although it's just a placeholder for now, with no selectable options, as of this writing.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/cruise-deals/memorial-day-sale/all-itineraries

I believe that is the sale from 2022. I hope they have the same offers this year, but it is doubtful based on the current occupancy of most ships. They may offer more on the Meraviglia, since they offered special promotions just for it after the move to New York.

8 minutes ago, mackfam said:

Were they better than the current sale or did they just jack the prices up and then give more OBC?

Prices last year were better than this year. I am on the Seascape now and booked this sailing last year solo for $ 649, including taxes / port charges, with $ 200 OBC and a free balcony upgrade.

Edited by JT1962
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

Prices last year were better than this year. I am on the Seascape now and booked this sailing last year solo for $ 649, including taxes / port charges, with $ 200 OBC and a free balcony upgrade.

So it seems like the free balcony upgrade and extra OBC replaced the free drinks and wifi promo?

I’m trying to decide whether to book under the current promo or wait until I’m onboard next month so that I get the double points and extra OBC for booking on board. Really like the free drinks and wifi deal. I’m pretty sure whatever I decide, I’ll wish I had done the other!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mackfam said:

So it seems like the free balcony upgrade and extra OBC replaced the free drinks and wifi promo?

I’m trying to decide whether to book under the current promo or wait until I’m onboard next month so that I get the double points and extra OBC for booking on board. Really like the free drinks and wifi deal. I’m pretty sure whatever I decide, I’ll wish I had done the other!

I would book whichever is more important to you. Booking onboard didn’t seem to get me much, other than an extra $ 25 OBC. They matched me to Diamond for Hilton Honors status, so extra points wasn’t really worth anything in my case.

Looks like they're changing the dates on the terms and conditions, now from May 15-18, 2023, but I suspect it will be changed again within the next few days.

Hopefully they'll have some better pricing.

I looked at the free WiFi and Drinks package compared to a cruise only fare on our upcoming cruise.

The extra packages were definitely not free and not beneficial to myself or my wife.

$350 more person ($700).

And since we are cruising with our 2 sons in a different stateroom, if I got the alcohol package, then everyone else has to get the same which is huge waste of money.

Since are not alcohol drinkers nor want to connect with reality for a week, we opted for the base fare.

17 hours ago, 4sallypat said:

I looked at the free WiFi and Drinks package compared to a cruise only fare on our upcoming cruise.

The extra packages were definitely not free and not beneficial to myself or my wife.

$350 more person ($700).

And since we are cruising with our 2 sons in a different stateroom, if I got the alcohol package, then everyone else has to get the same which is huge waste of money.

Since are not alcohol drinkers nor want to connect with reality for a week, we opted for the base fare.

Yes, I agree that those "free" drink & wi-fi packages can be pretty misleading, as they are clearly not free.  I mean, how can you offer the same cruise, both without the package for hundreds less, and with the package for hundreds more, and call it free?

That said, at times, these packages can make sense, but I wish they'd find a more accurate way to describe them.  Maybe "Value Bundle with Drinks and Wi-Fi included!"  Something like that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Yes, I agree that those "free" drink & wi-fi packages can be pretty misleading, as they are clearly not free.  I mean, how can you offer the same cruise, both without the package for hundreds less, and with the package for hundreds more, and call it free?

That said, at times, these packages can make sense, but I wish they'd find a more accurate way to describe them.  Maybe "Value Bundle with Drinks and Wi-Fi included!"  Something like that.

Okay, I think I've got it.

Standard Rate (Also "Standard" in Italian, same word) - Drinks & Wi-Fi not included.
Valore Rate (Valore = "Value" in Italian).  Drinks & Wi-Fi included.

• Like 1

Looks like the Memorial Day sale has begun.  Unfortunately, none of the cruises that I've been watching have gone down in value.  In fact, most have increased in price, but they maybe through in a small amount of OBC which didn't seem to necessarily even offset the price increase.

When is a sale not a sale, lol?

On 5/13/2023 at 3:46 AM, mackfam said:

Go for the one with double points. Nothing is more annoying than the last cruise with a few hundred points missing for diamond ("oh, I could have had it all").

Edited by perakcruiser