Island princess service issues…

awesomefat

We were on the sky princess last year, admittedly, still not back to full capacity, and I agree the app was amazing. I was summoning drinks to myself from all over the ship with the near 100% success and delivery time in the 5 to 10 minute range.  We were also on the diamond princess in January and it worked much much better than it is working here on the island princess.

I wish I could say I only try to use it twice a day lol, it is more like twice an hour 🙂.  Perhaps that indicates a different problem, but I can confidently say I really test the system hehehe.  

1 hour ago, awesomefat said:

We were on the sky princess last year, admittedly, still not back to full capacity, and I agree the app was amazing. I was summoning drinks to myself from all over the ship with the near 100% success and delivery time in the 5 to 10 minute range.  We were also on the diamond princess in January and it worked much much better than it is working here on the island princess.

I wish I could say I only try to use it twice a day lol, it is more like twice an hour 🙂.  Perhaps that indicates a different problem, but I can confidently say I really test the system hehehe.  

I think you have hit upon the basic.  The Sky and the Diamond had less passengers than the modified Island Princess.  Princess introduced an app delivery system without taking into account that they do not (present tense) have the crew to support it.  I feel so bad for the crew who are running all over the ship trying to fill orders.  

I hope you were able to resolve your MDR problems by speaking with the Assistant Manager.  Maybe an audience with the Food and Beverage Officer will give you insight into ordering drinks.  Good luck trying to make an appointment with him.  

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 1

We are also onboard the Island Princess RIGHT NOW!!!!

and the service in the dining room and buffet has been consistently subpar!

We are not high maintenance travelers, but even the basic aren’t  being met.

No butter, water glasses not being refilled even 1x, not checking back 1x after meal delivered

and there were errors. 

dessert menu given but didn’t return.

after 25 min we just left and others in the same station left sooner than us. 

Buffet…i have an invisible disability, getting a straw is a massive annoyance to the crew

honestly i love turtles, the oceans and environment. i didn’t  think i needed to produce my handicap placard to get a straw.

App for drink ordering…my experience is a bit different because of my medicine/sleep schedule

im up at 4am. Every morning at 4:30am I have ordered a iced blended mocha off the app 

and within 10 min. it is delivered,,..

It’s pretty awesome!

today my hubby added in a slice of chocolate cake because it’s a day for celebrating. …

So at 4:45am we were on our balcony listening to the waves

sharing a slice of chocolate cake and drinking mochas. 

THAT made all lousy service in the buffet and dining room kinda disappear from my mind! 

LOL

just for reference …I have 350+ days on Princess

Edited by latitude 22

On 5/14/2023 at 8:29 PM, frbob said:

I'm not impressed with Princess Guest Services off the ship as well. I have been waiting for well over a month for an answer to question I had. I followed up with another request for an answer. Then I asked for the contact number for the GSM. Nothing but silence on all counts. Worst guest service dept. in the cruise industry, and that's saying something, because service throughout the industry is pretty bad.

My upcoming cruise on Island Princess could be my last Princess cruise (Captain Circle Elite).

Sorry, Princess does not seem to get it. In our Elite Group, it seems every day, some are leaving Princess because of Customer Service. Any company that is driving away it's best, most loyal customers is in trouble long term. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, latitude 22 said:

We are also onboard the Island Princess RIGHT NOW!!!!

and the service in the dining room and buffet has been consistently subpar!

We are not high maintenance travelers, but even the basic aren’t  being met.

just for reference …I have 350+ days on Princess

Sorry to hear this, but it is what seems to be happening across the fleet.  The good old days of Princess Cruises seem to be gone forever and that is very sad. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did want to report back now that this cruise is over.  Service did drastically improve, and they did finally get the wine sorted out.  It is frustrating that it took half the cruise to accomplish this, but if I were to measure everything by the last 7 days, I’d give Princess pretty solid marks.  Not perfect, but not complaint worthy.  

In any case, figured I’d report back with a final update.

• Like 1