Wrong exit port on Vietnam e-Visa

Windfarmer

I purchased a single entry Vietnam eVisa for a 7 Day Avalon Waterways Vietnam to Cambodia river cruise.  I am arriving at Ho Chi Minh airport and this is on the eVisa, however I mistakenly put Ho Chi Minh airport as the exit port when I will be exiting Vietnam on the river cruise as I enter Cambodia.  Will this be a problem?   Should I get another single entry Vietnam eVisa with the correct exit port? 

Windfarmer, I think that is something you need to call Avalon about but I would not risk having the wrong visa myself.  We did the same cruise with Avalon a few years ago and I seem to remember them stressing that you make sure you get everything squared away.

I would definitely get a new one with correct information. We were in Vietnam in January this year, had 2 single entry eVisas each due to our itinerary, and the guards are very diligent in studying the information. 
We were in Vietnam in January 2020 as well, and I remember someone on our trip having a visa issue that they settled by paying ‘coffee money’ (bribe in local lingo) to the border agent, so I think it could be done but I don’t think I’d risk it. 

On 5/18/2023 at 6:42 AM, terry&mike said:

I would definitely get a new one with correct information. We were in Vietnam in January this year, had 2 single entry eVisas each due to our itinerary, and the guards are very diligent in studying the information. 
We were in Vietnam in January 2020 as well, and I remember someone on our trip having a visa issue that they settled by paying ‘coffee money’ (bribe in local lingo) to the border agent, so I think it could be done but I don’t think I’d risk it. 

Funnily enough I had dinner first night on my Budapest to Bucharest cruise with the captain and I swear he said he had to occasionally bribe border agents to either do or speed up the processing process (was definitely some "feed them and give them something to drink" in there).  Very different way of thinking in other parts of the world.

• Like 1