First time on Encore next month. Options for filling water bottle?

ghenry1111

I will be on my first cruise anywhere next month -- Norwegian Encore -- going from Seattle to Alaska.

I drink lots of water!  Can I fill my 20 oz water bottle in Garden Café or elsewhere on the ship?

The faucet in your cabin.

If you're out and about, those other places are options.  Sometimes a bartender will do it for you also, if they're not serving other guests.  I had one on embarkation day fill a vacuum-insulated aluminum bottle with ice then fill it with water (when I simply asked for water).  Sadly, he used somewhat warmer water so the ice ended up melting anyway...

The usual warning - it is requested that you fill a glass with the ice or water to then transfer to the bottle.

17 minutes ago, ghenry1111 said:

I will be on my first cruise anywhere next month -- Norwegian Encore -- going from Seattle to Alaska.

I drink lots of water!  Can I fill my 20 oz water bottle in Garden Café or elsewhere on the ship?

NCL does not have water bottle filling stations. 

You are allowed to take the small, clean cups to get water from the dispensers and pour into your bottle. Never place your bottle up to a public dispensing station. 

On 5/14/2023 at 3:34 PM, ghenry1111 said:

Yes! The buffet has self serve drink stations that include carbon filtered water (it tastes pretty good!) You use one of their provided glasses at the dispenser and pour from that glass into your water bottle. Last time I cruised they had signs saying to do it this way, as they don't want people putting their water bottles directly under the dispenser.

The water in your stateroom is safe to drink. It is the same water you find elsewhere. However, it is  chlorinated so I don't drink it. Tastes like swimming pool water to me, but others are used to drinking chlorinated water and don't mind it. They use regular sodium hypochlorite (same chemical as in liquid bleach or liquid chlorine for swimming pools). The chlorine will dissipate if left open to air overnight. In a pinch, I can fill a bottle and leave the top off for a few hours to let it dissipate a bit. 

Enjoy your cruise! Alaska is very special. We leave tomorrow!

1 hour ago, 228THSTREET said:

Hi all

The last cruise we order 12 pack of water for a 7 day cruise. Will be ordered again.  

That's not what the OP asked.  As indicated by others, and presumed by the OP since they asked about filling a water bottle, the ship water is safe to drink and the OP was going to use that option.