How do I make final payment?

Toronto Guy

I'm sailing in August and I'm now a few weeks after the final payment due date.  My cruise is listed on the website, it says booked, and of course the invoice amount, amounts owing, OBC and shore excursions listed are either completely wrong, missing the information or incomplete.  I booked direct with Azamara....and I can't get through on the phone lines......so what do I do?  Just wait until they contact me to get paid??  Every time I call them it says their phone lines are closed and they will be back tomorrow to help with sailings in the next 30 days.  I've never called that it said the phone lines weren't down and would re-open tomorrow.....

I'm not feeling good about giving them another cent until they demonstrate they aren't going bankrupt --- which it certainly appears they are.

Edited by Toronto Guy

Have you tried sending a request for a call through the help form?  Also, indications, on the boards here, are that if you call first thing in the morning, when they open, you might have better luck.

If the amount due is correct, you can pay through the website.  We did that on Friday evening for our Sept. cruise and had no issue doing it.  Our OBC is not showing up but we have paperwork for that and our TA was able to confirm the amount today.

I don't believe that they are going bankrupt.  This is just a poorly executed conversion but eventually should be straightened out.

Good luck!

30 minutes ago, crzrr said:

Have you tried sending a request for a call through the help form?  Also, indications, on the boards here, are that if you call first thing in the morning, when they open, you might have better luck.

If the amount due is correct, you can pay through the website.  We did that on Friday evening for our Sept. cruise and had no issue doing it.  Our OBC is not showing up but we have paperwork for that and our TA was able to confirm the amount today.

I don't believe that they are going bankrupt.  This is just a poorly executed conversion but eventually should be straightened out.

Good luck!

With the state of their website, the last thing I want to do right now is put my credit card information through it.  

Edited by Xcelsior
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Xcelsior said:

With the state of their website, the last thing I want to do right now is put my credit card information through it.  

Don't you have a credit card that generates one-time information?  [Sorry, I forget which ones have been touting this capability to me lately – but I know they're out there.]

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Xcelsior said:

If you call an pay with a credit card, then either they will put it through exactly the same system, or they'll put it into what will probably be a less-secure system first!

On 5/15/2023 at 5:19 PM, Xcelsior said:

I was in a similar situation but decided to pay through their website since my amount due was correct.  I was concerned though with the state of things.  However went ahead and paid with my credit card and it worked great.  My balance due was 0 and my card was charged once just for the amount submitted.  I have had no issues since except still waiting for my OBC to show up but I have gotten a letter verifying the amount is in their system.

• Like 4

I got through on the phone the other day and they had the wrong amount owing - thankfully I had my invoice showing amount due.  Then the agent said she was going to put in an enquiry and she would email me back directly confirming same once it was complete.  She never emailed me back, the amount owing has now changed on the website, and is about $50 less than it shows on my invoice.  This is such complete and total nonsense.  They don't even have records of the invoices they are mailing out to clients!  They had 2 years to prepare for this transition - obviously total incompetence by the management team.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2023 at 6:05 AM, SoBaycruiser said:

I was in a similar situation but decided to pay through their website since my amount due was correct.  I was concerned though with the state of things.  However went ahead and paid with my credit card and it worked great.  My balance due was 0 and my card was charged once just for the amount submitted.  I have had no issues since except still waiting for my OBC to show up but I have gotten a letter verifying the amount is in their system.

I also paid my balance due in full on May 15th and had the same results as you. OBC sill not there.  We don't cruise until December so I'm not going to worry about it until end of October

• Like 1