Hotel near grocery, CVS or similar near Cape Liberty

Txdnadoc

Hi Everyone,  My family of four (including twin 11 year olds) are flying into Newark for our Oct. 1 cruise from Cape Liberty.  We will not have a car. Having cruised many times, I realize that one of us I ALWAYS forgets something, so we have to pick it up at a grocery store or pharmacy. It just happens. I have seen recommendations on this forum for hotels near an outlet mall, shops or restaurants.  Can someone recommend a clean, comfortable hotel within walking distance to a grocery or pharmacy? 

Many thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Txdnadoc said:

I have seen recommendations on this forum for hotels near an outlet mall, shops or restaurants.  Can someone recommend a clean, comfortable hotel within walking distance to a grocery or pharmacy? 

Since you are aware of the hotels in Elizabeth by Jersey Gardens, I think this is the best alternative. The street leading to Cape Liberty is Goldsborough Drive. At the beginning of Goldsborough Drive near the intersection with 440 is a CVS and a Lidl grocery store. Have your transport driver stop at either should you have the need. It is 2 miles from these stores to Cape Liberty.

1 mile from the CVS is a Walmart but you would have to pass the entrance to Cape Liberty at Goldsborough Drive to go to Walmart.

Edited by meadowlander

1 minute ago, meadowlander said:

Since you are aware of the hotels in Elizabeth by Jersey Gardens, I think this is the best alternative.

The street leading to Cape Liberty is Goldsborough Drive. At the beginning of Goldsborough Drive near the intersection with 440 is a CVS and a Lidl grocery store. Have your transport driver stop at either should you have the need. It is 2 miles from these stores to Cape Liberty.

1 mile from the CVS is a Walmart but you would have to pass the entrance to Cape Liberty at Goldsborough Drive to go to Walmart.

Thank you so much. Do you have a preference for any specific hotel there?

Just now, Txdnadoc said:

Thank you so much. Do you have a preference for any specific hotel there?

You're welcome. There are no hotels in Bayonne. Avoid hotels in Newark near the airport as they are isolated and have limited dining choices. The hotels on International Blvd. in Elizabeth (as Ashland suggested) are in walking distance to Jersey Garden mall which has dining options. There is also an IHOP within walking distance.

Downtown Newark hotels will also have dining options but I would go with the Elizabeth hotels.

You must use the free Airtrain(monorail) to station P4 to meet hotel shuttle vehicles.

Just now, meadowlander said:

You're welcome. There are no hotels in Bayonne. Avoid hotels in Newark near the airport as they are isolated and have limited dining choices. The hotels on International Blvd. in Elizabeth (as Ashland suggested) are in walking distance to Jersey Garden mall which has dining options. There is also an IHOP within walking distance.

Downtown Newark hotels will also have dining options but I would go with the Elizabeth hotels.

You must use the free Airtrain(monorail) to station P4 to meet hotel shuttle vehicles.

That is a big help, thank you!