Vista - spa prices?

bubbaed

We will be on Vista this December when she is sailing out of Miami; this will be our first O cruise! We are elite level on Princess and very much looking forward to the experience on O's newest ship. From what I can see so far, we're in for a treat.

If anyone is sailing Vista now, or in the near future, I humbly request your assistance:

I would like to see a price list from the spa, including the price of passes to the Aquamar Spa Terrace. Also - is access to the steam/sauna in the spa shown on the deck plan included for all pax, or does one need to pay to access these?

I've noticed that ALL cruise ship spa pricing is through the roof lately, and wondering how O compares. I know pricing can fluctuate (sometimes on a weekly basis, it seems) but it would be nice to see a baseline for comparison. On our last Princess cruise (Sapphire in Alaska, May 2023) we were shocked at the spa prices. Example: basic 50-minute massages started at $200, and that's before the 18% automatic gratuity gets added. Basic men's haircut was $60, also before auto 18%. Express men's shave (30-min) was $80 +18%. Naturally, we were not shocked that the spa was virtually empty the entire cruise (seems we're not the only ones who balked at the ridiculous pricing 🙄.) Spa treatments are a luxury, yes, but we don't like being ripped off. Hopefully O can do better.

Any insight is appreciated.

TIA

43 minutes ago, Woofa said:

I am sure someone from Vista will chime in but while we wait.  Here is the price list from our January Riviera cruise.

IMG_20230515_200142.thumb.jpg.7627182a08b15a0d6dd22c62f875a403.jpgIMG_20230515_200149.thumb.jpg.cf179bb9a53db77bc66d94ce39e2d6ea.jpg

Thanks for sharing.

That list looks suspiciously like the one on Princess... At least the express shave is more "reasonably" priced at $59. Haha!

Edited by bubbaed
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bubbaed said:

I would like to see a price list from the spa, including the price of passes to the Aquamar Spa Terrace. Also - is access to the steam/sauna in the spa shown on the deck plan included for all pax, or does one need to pay to access these?

On the other O ships  the steam saunas/showers are open to all

If you are in Concierge cabin & above    then you get free access

The spa terrace pass  is usually $25 pp pd  based on availability  by the spa manager 

I suspect  VISTA  will be the  same 

Just guessing  at this point

• Thanks 1

On 5/15/2023 at 8:41 PM, bubbaed said:

We will be on Vista this December when she is sailing out of Miami; this will be our first O cruise! We are elite level on Princess and very much looking forward to the experience on O's newest ship. From what I can see so far, we're in for a treat.

If anyone is sailing Vista now, or in the near future, I humbly request your assistance:

I've noticed that ALL cruise ship spa pricing is through the roof lately, and wondering how O compares. I know pricing can fluctuate (sometimes on a weekly basis, it seems) but it would be nice to see a baseline for comparison. On our last Princess cruise (Sapphire in Alaska, May 2023) we were shocked at the spa prices. Example: basic 50-minute massages started at $200, and that's before the 18% automatic gratuity gets added. Basic men's haircut was $60, also before auto 18%. Express men's shave (30-min) was $80 +18%. Naturally, we were not shocked that the spa was virtually empty the entire cruise (seems we're not the only ones who balked at the ridiculous pricing 🙄.) Spa treatments are a luxury, yes, but we don't like being ripped off. Hopefully O can do better.

Any insight is appreciated.

TIA

Hi,

I'm not on Vista now but was on Oceania in January. 

There's no charge for the Aquamar Terrace but access is limited to 1.Concierge and above cabin passengers   2.Anyone having a spa treatment 

Yes, the spa prices are very high on all cruise ships. I recall the massage prices  being that bad. They usually offer specials on port days. Also, if you attend the Spa tour on the day you embark, they sometimes offer a package. 

Hope this info helps. Enjoy 🌊🎉

Edited by Rainbow3fe

Just to clarify.  As far as I know everyone can access the Spa area for free including showers, heated chairs, sauna.  Access to the terrace area, at least on Riviera was a $25 fee per day if you were not in at least a concierge cabin.  Concierge and above have free access and this area includes (on Riviera,) chaise lounges (no shade) and the T pool.

We were in a B3 and toured the spa area the first day.  We did not end up returning but it was very nice and may well be worth the daily fee or moving up to a concierge if you like/need the T pool.  Or if you don't mind sitting out in the sun.

• Thanks 1

On Riviera now. There have been many reduced “specials” offered for massage treatments. Appears that price increase to $240 incl. grats for 50 min massage has resulted in much less bookings.
HOWEVER, if you are Oceania Gold and above, you cannot use your $150 spa amenity towards payment of any “special”.  This is the 1st time I’ve been told that the spa credit is not combinable with a special. It was always treated as cash and reduced your service cost $150. Manager told me that other managers may operate the spa differently.  
Shipboard credits can be used towards reduced spa specials.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jayne E said:

On Riviera now. There have been many reduced “specials” offered for massage treatments. Appears that price increase to $240 incl. grats for 50 min massage has resulted in much less bookings.
HOWEVER, if you are Oceania Gold and above, you cannot use your $150 spa amenity towards payment of any “special”.  This is the 1st time I’ve been told that the spa credit is not combinable with a special. It was always treated as cash and reduced your service cost $150. Manager told me that other managers may operate the spa differently.  
Shipboard credits can be used towards reduced spa specials.

Thanks  for  sharing that info

I will just use the spa credit  for  a cheaper service then

• Like 1