Is there any opportunity to Ballroom/Latin Dance on Constellation?

posh crew

Have you checked the app to see if there's anything scheduled?  I haven't been on the Constellation but on our recent Summit cruise there was an hour or so of ballroom dancing every day (or almost every day) in the Rendevous lounge.  It was pre-recorded music (I didn't attend but I saw it in the daily).  This was a repo cruise so there were a lot of sea days.  I don't know if that's the norm.  

Just off the TA Constellation from April 17 to May 2.  There were many opportunities to dance. The two bands were very good at "reading the passengers' pulse" and played music that got them to get up and dance. Very little Latin music except at the pool area.

What do you consider ballroom  dancing?   We have been on cruises where there were passengers  that wanted to show off their dancing.  They got out on the dance floor and apparently wanted the  whole area to themselves.  Others joined in and it appeared as if they were insulted that others that weren’t as talented took away their space and immediately left the floor.  They wanted to be the stars and show off the routine they had been practicing.  

There is ballroom dancing music in the mix but don’t expect everyone to be trained ballroom dancers.  They are on the floor enjoying themselves and not trying to impress anyone.   They may get in your space.

Hope this is helpful 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

Thank you all for your replies.  We will take our shoes and see what happens.  Rest assured we are 'social' dancer's and don't want to perform a Strictly Come Dancing routine.  Hope to meet some like minded dancers on board.

Edited by posh crew
Typo
  • Like 1