Ravenna to Rome

sksadams

Does Royal Caribbean offer transporation from the port in Ravenna to Rome after a cruise?  And has anyone done the train is it fairly easy and what is the earliest time you would book a ticket?

I have not heard of any cruise lines providing transfers from Ravenna to Rome. Celebrity certainly did not last year.

Separate from a cruise I have taken the train from Rome to Ravenna and then back to Rome. It was relatively simple, but I am also fairly well acquainted with using trains in Italy. Even if not, I don't think it would be difficult. You do have to make a change of train at some point along the route: the first part from Ravenna will be a slower regional train, then you can pick up the fast train, usually in Bologna.

Edited by cruisemom42

We ended up taking a transfer to VCE, and then flying to Rome to start another cruise the next day. It was not horribly expensive - about $200 total for both of us with luggage for an hour long flight. 

17 hours ago, sksadams said:

Does Royal Caribbean offer transporation from the port in Ravenna to Rome after a cruise?  And has anyone done the train is it fairly easy and what is the earliest time you would book a ticket?

No.  I’m on Explorer of the Seas right now.  Royal Caribbean is only offering transfers to Venice Airport, Venice City (Tronchetto), Bologna Airport, Bologna train station, and Ravenna train station. 

If you are a group of people (or could get a group together through your Roll Call), it may be worth arranging a private transfer.  We have a private transfer booked going from our Rome hotel to Ravenna in September, using RomeInLimo.  Because we are a group of 6, it was only slightly more expensive than a taxi to the train, switching trains, and the transfer in Ravenna to the ship, and of course infinitely less stressful than navigating the train stations with our luggage, especially with some folks who are a bit older.