NCL Encore staying on deck 8...

BAMCPM

Is deck 8 noisy from the restaurants/bars or the theater? Is it rocky at all as I hear that can happen in the front? Also, was it time consuming to get up to the outside decks? I have the opportunity to switch from deck 13 Club Family Balcony to deck 8 Club Balcony with Larger Balcony for our Alaskan trip. Thank you! 🙂

We were on deck 10 FWD not log ago (we usually stay FWD).  no noise at all.

Here is a photo on the deck 8 club balcony (taken from our deck10 standard balcony).  The balcony is huge.  I was really surprised to see that few of the folks seemed to use the balcony that much.

PXL_20221022_212012727 (1).jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BAMCPM said:

I forgot to mention/ask about sea sickness in the front of the boat! this room is in the front and I get sick easily! 

You would benefit from being on a lower deck and mid ship for least likely motion.

Sadly my choice is; MID Family Club Balcony or FRONT Club Balcony Larger Balcony. I am really struggling to decide! I get both sea sick and claustrophobic (ugh)

so the larger balcony would be helpful for one but that is literally the one room that is free for larger balcony 

Does anybody besides me absolutely love to feel the ship bob around?  It's like riding a train.  That motion is half the fun.  DD has educated me that there are numerous types of motion sickness.  The ones that get me are a) disorienting amusement park rides and b) hand held camera work (think Bourne Identity movies).  Ships?  Trains?  Love 'em.😎

• Like 3

I've almost always been on an upper deck.  I chose 8 Fwd with an XL/Club balcony on the Joy for my next cruise because 1) I liked the cabin and 2) I'm on 8 much of the time anyway between the bars and restaurants.  I put my niece and her BF on 8, closer to mid, a couple doors down from District Brew House.  I was mildly concerned about noise for them but they're young and resilient.  Putting them a couple doors from the beer bar?  What could possibly go wrong?  🤣

• Like 2

Just now, ChiefMateJRK said:

Does anybody besides me absolutely love to feel the ship bob around?  It's like riding a train.  That motion is half the fun.  DD has educated me that there are numerous types of motion sickness.  The ones that get me are a) disorienting amusement park rides and b) hand held camera work (think Bourne Identity movies).  Ships?  Trains?  Love 'em.😎

I've travelled with friends who turned green easily but I personally love some mild movement, especially when sleeping.  I also enjoyed the sound of the ocean with my slider open, until I learned that was a big no no 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Yup, I know what you mean ...same here!  But over the years I've adapted.

And, I always pack my "Seabands!"

Edited by ggTexasGal
added
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, catsarealiens said:

We were on deck 10 FWD not log ago (we usually stay FWD).  no noise at all.

Here is a photo on the deck 8 club balcony (taken from our deck10 standard balcony).  The balcony is huge.  I was really surprised to see that few of the folks seemed to use the balcony that much.

PXL_20221022_212012727 (1).jpg

Because they know that all the folks from the upper decks look directly down on them LOL.

6 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Like Kramer with the reverse peep hole, I would be okay with that!  (as long as they weren't blowing bubbles) 🤣

Guy on the deck below me was smoking on his deck - and flicking his ashes/cigarette butts overboard.  3 guesses how that worked out for him...

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I love it! The more rocky the better...except, one night I thought I was falling out of bed as we were swaying side to side too. Still, I enjoyed it! 

• Like 3

Deck 8 hame my favorite deck. Besides being confident to many things,  when going towards the aft you have the option of walking on outside or inside.  My daughter had two of the club balcony with HUGE balconies. They did pick two as close to the start of these cabins as possible.  Never complained about sea sickness.

apples with the peeling helps with that.  Also ginger capsules (dirt cheap at walmart)i use the Dramamine that doesn’t knock you out. I have also found chewy ginger candy . 

All these posts have been helpful for me. We usually stay in cabins on higher decks but this time we couldn't pick our cabins. We have been on the Encore before for a total of 35 nights but this time as we just made Diamond and get a one cabin upgrade we booked a ocean view and used the upgrade to get a balcony for another 21 night  Panama Canal cruise. The cabin we have now is on Deck 9 forward and looks like that will be fine.

• Like 1