soda prices if any

Do you have to pay for soda on the cruise or can you pay for like a drink card on day one????? When I did the Disney Cruise my wife and I just bought a cup and they put a sticker on it and we had free refills throughout the cruise whether we were on their island or any time on the ship. Please help.. We are booked on the Freedom for 10-08-06 and I just wanna make sure what I have to pay for every night or can pay for on day one.. thanks

Curtis

You can buy a soda card on the 1st day. If you drink more than 1 or 2 a day, that's probably the best way to go. I don't drink alot of soda, so I can't give you the prices, but you can find out by calling RCCL or going to their web site.

The soda "card" (actually, a cup and a sticker on your sea pass (on board charge) card) is $6.00 per day for adults and $4.00 per day for kids, plus 15% tip.

You have to purchase on the first day, and you have to buy for the whole time, i.e. you can't buy just 4 days for a seven day cruise -- you have to buy all 7.

See more details on RCCL's web site -- I don't have the exact URL handy, but go to their site and search for "Drink Packages" or drill down, it's at "Find a Cruise" --> "Activities" --> "Dining" --> "Drink Packages"

PLUS, from what I've read from other posters, the soda card/sticker is only good for fountain type drinks; not from a can or bottle.

I take my big Jamba Juice cup with me and keep refilling it with iced tea - which is free.

Does anyone every take time to figure out the soda card, lets do a bit of math, 42 dollars plus 15 % tip 48.00 for soda. Lets say you pay 5 dollars per a 12 pack, or just over 9 12 packs or 108 cans of soda or 1296 oz of soda. Now the cup they give you, I would estimate it holds about 8 oz of soda but for this lets say 10 oz, are you with me,

You have to drink about 120 cups of soda to even come close to breaking even

Just a thought

Pete

Archived