Cruising Seattle the weekend of 7/21? The Swifties are in town

psuboater

Hi all,

I live about 2 hours from Seattle so I was looking into hotels for the Taylor Swift concert that weekend (she's playing Saturday the 22nd and Sunday the 23rd). If you have not gotten your hotel yet, do so NOW. Hiltons in the area are about sold out, with the exception of a $3k room at the Motif. Marriotts have a bit more availbility but nights are running ~$600+ a night. 

The airport hotels are still somewhat decently priced (although higher than normal). Bellevue is offering hotel prices ~$450 a night, which is about 12 miles from both piers. It can take anywhere from 20-60 minutes depending on traffic. Bellevue is a nice area that has a mall and good dining options.

I looked at the pier schedule and it looks to be packed at both piers, so something to keep in mind when you're exploring the city. Get as many tickets to attractions that you want to see as possible, and if you want to see anything in Pike Place besides crowds, I would go when it very first opens.

Hope this helps someone!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Glaciers said:

In addition to the concert the MLB All star game is in Seattle mid-july so most of the month may be a trick to get a good rate.

Oh it's worse than that.  The Toronto Blue Jays will be playing the Mariners at T-Mobile Park the weekend of the 21st to 23rd.  That means that in addition to the Swifties, roughly a zillion blue-clad Jays fans will be doing their annual cross-border invasion from Canada that weekend.   This is - by far - the busiest baseball weekend in the whole season - sellouts every game, with the Jays fans outnumbering the Mariners fans hugely.  So book your rooms now and be prepared for high prices and big crowds everywhere downtown.  

• Like 2