Do you get any say in your transfer time to the airport if you book through Air2Sea?

Taking Explorer next month from Ravenna and booked our flights with Air2Sea.  We also booked a transfer to Venice airport when we embark the ship.  

I assume because we used A2S they know what time our flight is and will assign us a transfer time based on that?  I also know they really, really pad your departure time because they don't want to be responsible for you missing your flight.  Is there any flexibility there?  We are checking in for our flight online and won't check bags so I'd much rather sleep a little later and not wait at the gate for four hours.  

Yes I know things happen, better to be safe than sorry, etc. etc. 🙂  I'm just asking if guest services will let us take a later bus if we ask or if it's set in stone based on flight departure time.

Have you ever flown out of Marco Polo airport in Venice.

As of a couple of years ago, it's not like any airport I've ever been to.

It's so small, (how small is it?), that there are very few check-in counters. Airlines don't have dedicated counters. They all share the limited number of check-in counters. Once Airline <Name> Flight number XXX is completed check-in process, then they clear out and a different carrier takes over and starts their check-in process.

If I remember correctly, if your airline wasn't checking passengers in yet, security wouldn't let you inside the terminal.

Caveat - This was my experience a few years ago.

We are on Explorer of the Seas  now and have a 19.55 flight booked with cruise line including  transfers
The cruise  automatically  assigned  the last transfer bus from the ship at 09.45 .
All arrangements  could alter  because of the flooding  in Ravenna
They have mentioned  we could  disembark at another port.

10 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Have you ever flown out of Marco Polo airport in Venice.

As of a couple of years ago, it's not like any airport I've ever been to.

It's so small, (how small is it?), that there are very few check-in counters. Airlines don't have dedicated counters. They all share the limited number of check-in counters. Once Airline <Name> Flight number XXX is completed check-in process, then they clear out and a different carrier takes over and starts their check-in process.

If I remember correctly, if your airline wasn't checking passengers in yet, security wouldn't let you inside the terminal.

Caveat - This was my experience a few years ago.

Well that's an interesting scoop, I'll need to look into that!

10 hours ago, sowhat said:

We are on Explorer of the Seas  now and have a 19.55 flight booked with cruise line including  transfers
The cruise  automatically  assigned  the last transfer bus from the ship at 09.45 .
All arrangements  could alter  because of the flooding  in Ravenna
They have mentioned  we could  disembark at another port.

I've seen the news on that, I hope you get back home safely!

Did you get the feeling if the flooding wasn't an issue you would be able to change your transfer time if you wanted to?