One of the restaurants not available the entire cruise

ontheweb

I received an e-mail the other day from NCL stating that the Los Lobos restaurant would not be available our entire cruise because of an ongoing event there?

Has this sort of thing happened to others in the past? Any idea what this ongoing event might be?

2 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I received an e-mail the other day from NCL stating that the Los Lobos restaurant would not be available our entire cruise because of an ongoing event there?

Has this sort of thing happened to others in the past? Any idea what this ongoing event might be?

Last month on the Bliss there was a Celerity Chef onboard. Upon embarkation, we found out that despite the fact we had booked our reservations at 125 days, we had to scramble (two separate times) to get new reservations made.  It was frustrating, but with some compromising on the part of NCL, and us, we did get new (acceptable) reservations.

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

Sounds like you might have a convention group.  More and more companies are holding meetings onboard a cruise ship-- have meetings and family time too.

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Has this sort of thing happened to others in the past?

It could be worse......(2019) LINK

"Due to repairs in the Haven galley, the Haven restaurant will be closed during your sailing from September 7th to September 14th.

We will be providing the following dining alternatives:
Cagney’s Steakhouse, Deck 8 Aft, will be open for breakfast and lunch and will serve the current Haven breakfast and lunch menus.
A complimentary 7-meal specialty dining package will be provided for you onboard so you can enjoy.
"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, www3traveler said:

Sounds like you might have a convention group.  More and more companies are holding meetings onboard a cruise ship-- have meetings and family time too.

Better they take over 1 restaurant than the entire ship. BTW, the restaurant they have taken over is Los Lobos.

15 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

"Due to repairs in the Haven galley, the Haven restaurant will be closed during your sailing from September 7th to September 14th.

Cagney’s Steakhouse, Deck 8 Aft, will be open for breakfast and lunch and will serve the current Haven breakfast and lunch menus.
A complimentary 7-meal specialty dining package will be provided for you onboard so you can enjoy.
"

Of course it could be worse, we once had an entire cruise, a river cruise actually, chartered out from under us after we made our final payment. 😢

17 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

"

We were on that cruise! A bit disappointed when we got the email but the reality was just fine. Lots of specialty restaurants! And Cagney's made a lovely breakfast and lunch locale.

9 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Of course it could be worse, we once had an entire cruise, a river cruise actually, chartered out from under us after we made our final payment.

8 minutes ago, valleyvillage said:

We were on that cruise! A bit disappointed when we got the email but the reality was just fine.

I'm thinking with a  "glass 10% empty vs. glass 90% full" outlook. 

Hope that the OP has a great cruise in spite of the minor inconvenience. 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I'm thinking with a  "glass 10% empty vs. glass 90% full" outlook. 

Hope that the OP has a great cruise in spite of the minor inconvenience. 👍

Thank you for the kind wishes. We fully intend to enjoy the cruise which we booked for the itinerary, not the specialty restaurants.

My original post was more out of curiosity as to whether anyone had an idea of why this is happening or had something similar happen to them in the past.

OP back--I mentioned this in our roll call, and someone noted that another participant had mentioned he was part of a group of 100 deaf people. So, this might be the group who has taken over that venue.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

It is so wrong of NCL to have issued reservations to Los Lobos for the Aug 6 sailing to Norway and Iceland. Over a year ago they accepted a commitment to Kosherica to have a Kosher dining room for the cruise, in that space. I am glad they are accommodating the kosher consumers, but NCL should have been open about this.

1 hour ago, lefkowt said:

It is so wrong of NCL to have issued reservations to Los Lobos for the Aug 6 sailing to Norway and Iceland. Over a year ago they accepted a commitment to Kosherica to have a Kosher dining room for the cruise, in that space. I am glad they are accommodating the kosher consumers, but NCL should have been open about this.

Are you on that August 6th cruise? If so, why don't you join our roll call?