Encore and Choir of Man

LakeLureGuy

3 hours ago, LakeLureGuy said:

If you are currently on the Encore,can you advise which nights Choir of Man is performing?  Trying to arrange dining!

Saw this performance on the Inaugural, and it was probably THE best show ever on NCL!

Thanks!

We saw them also on the first two cruises out of Miami. Saw them 6 times on those two cruises and saw them 4 times last fall on the Panama Canal cruise. So guess you can say I really like that show.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stacyalisa said:

Can you book before the cruise?  I’m 10 days out and trying to book Choir Of Man in the app and it always says an error occurred. I thought they were allowing early booking now?

Norwegian's system is a bit particular with times.  If you have a dining reservation before the show, that may be the problem.  For tables of 4, most restaurants allocate 90 minutes (Teppanyaki is 120 minutes, as are tables of 6+ at any restaurant).  If you have a reservation at 6:00, then the system blocks out 90 minutes.  This means that the first thing you can book after your meal has to start no earlier than 7:31...after Choir of Man starts. 

That's how I've had it explained to me, and, when helping friends/family for our upcoming Alaska cruise, it looks like that's what was happening.

On 5/18/2023 at 10:18 AM, LakeLureGuy said:

If you are currently on the Encore,can you advise which nights Choir of Man is performing?  Trying to arrange dining!

Saw this performance on the Inaugural, and it was probably THE best show ever on NCL!

Thanks!

Current schedules are not an indicator of future performance. Dining opens up to 130 days in advance. Show bookings, 26 days in advance. 

Since the Encore is awaiting a second production show, 5 of the 7 nights in the theater are filled with guest performers or comedians. Guest performers sign contracts of 2-6 weeks and CoM is scheduled around the guest performers’ schedules.

They can set up or tear down the CoM set (including a stage floor) in 5ish hours, so it can be performed on any night. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

Any chance that NCL might have another show for Encore this year? Prima had Donna Summer and Noise Boys. I saw Choir of Man twice on the Escape. Wouldn't mind seeing them again, but then on the other hand, it would be great to see something new.

On 5/20/2023 at 7:40 PM, cb2367 said:

Any chance that NCL might have another show for Encore this year? Prima had Donna Summer and Noise Boys. I saw Choir of Man twice on the Escape. Wouldn't mind seeing them again, but then on the other hand, it would be great to see something new.

There are no immediate plans to replace After Midnight (which was the second show on the Encore at launch). NCL will continue to use guest performers to fill that gap. Guest performers have contracts from 1 to 5ish weeks. Last week there was an acrobatics duo and Elton John tribute group onboard. 

53 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

There are no immediate plans to replace After Midnight (which was the second show on the Encore at launch). NCL will continue to use guest performers to fill that gap. Guest performers have contracts from 1 to 5ish weeks. Last week there was an acrobatics duo and Elton John tribute group onboard. 

I must be getting old we were on the first two cruises on the Encore out of Miami and I thought the other show was Kinky Boots. My favorite show on the Encore was 'The Choir of Man.

• 11 months later...
On 5/18/2023 at 10:10 PM, cemushr said:

Norwegian's system is a bit particular with times.  If you have a dining reservation before the show, that may be the problem.  For tables of 4, most restaurants allocate 90 minutes (Teppanyaki is 120 minutes, as are tables of 6+ at any restaurant).  If you have a reservation at 6:00, then the system blocks out 90 minutes.  This means that the first thing you can book after your meal has to start no earlier than 7:31...after Choir of Man starts. 

That's how I've had it explained to me, and, when helping friends/family for our upcoming Alaska cruise, it looks like that's what was happening.

This was SO HELPFUL for me!! I kept trying to book Choir of Man at 7:30 after a 5:30 Teppanyaki reservation and getting the error message. Since they only tell you to log out and log back in (with no actual helpful information), I was at a total loss!! Luckily a quick google search led me here, and your explanation saved the day. Thanks!!