In-suite dining

bomabound

When I’ve watched various YouTube videos I see that suite guests can have a meal served in their suite.  It seems like this goes beyond just room service, with a multi-course meal.  Has anyone done this?  If so, is it the butler who brings each course?  Is there a charge for this, or just something you’d factor in when tipping the butler?  Or perhaps there is no such thing and I misunderstood something. 😀

The butler can deliver the courses separately but usually, the butler will deliver the whole thing at once. Even when delivering in courses, the covered plates are usually on the butler's cart at the end of the hall.

As far as a charge, it depends on what is ordered. If it's from a restaurant that doesn't have a charge, there is no charge. If it's from a specialty restaurant, the guest would pay as if they were at the restaurant (SDP, OBC, onboard account).

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bomabound said:

When I’ve watched various YouTube videos I see that suite guests can have a meal served in their suite.  It seems like this goes beyond just room service, with a multi-course meal.  Has anyone done this?  If so, is it the butler who brings each course?  Is there a charge for this, or just something you’d factor in when tipping the butler?  Or perhaps there is no such thing and I misunderstood something. 😀

Your butler will deliver food from the standard room service menu or any of the restaurants on board, as long as they are open. As Two Wheels said, there is only a charge if you're ordering from a specialty restaurant and not using a dining credit.

Just so there is no confusion, this is only available in the Haven. If you're anywhere else on the ship, you are restricted to the room service menu in your cabin, and there is a $9.95 service charge.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, wil e coyote said:

Just so there is no confusion, this is only available in the Haven. If you're anywhere else on the ship, you are restricted to the room service menu in your cabin and there is a $9.95 charge.

This is not exactly true. A better way to state this is that ensuite dining is only available if you are in a cabin category with butler service. That could be the Haven on any ship or a non-Haven suite on a Jewel-class ship or on Prima/Viva.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pcakes122 said:

This is not exactly true. A better way to state this is that ensuite dining is only available if you are in a cabin category with butler service. That could be the Haven on any ship or a non-Haven suite on a Jewel-class ship or on Prima/Viva.

Thank you for clarifying. I did not know that!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pcakes122 said:

Thanks, yes, we are in a suite on a ship that doesn’t have a Haven.  We haven’t stayed in a suite before so we thought it might be fun to try this, just once as we like dining in the restaurants.

• Like 1

@bomabound you may enjoy breakfast in your suite.  That’s what we enjoy.  Your butler will bring a white tablecloth and set it up beautifully. Some people (not me!) like the butler to tiptoe in and nuzzle them gently awake, others prefer to wake to the smell of bacon and coffee.  We make sure we are up, dressed and ready.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

@bomabound you may enjoy breakfast in your suite.  That’s what we enjoy.  Your butler will bring a white tablecloth and set it up beautifully. Some people (not me!) like the butler to tiptoe in and nuzzle them gently awake, others prefer to wake to the smell of bacon and coffee.  We make sure we are up, dressed and ready.

Thanks, I think that’s what I’ll try…..the breakfast part, not the nuzzling.  I’m a shower before mingling with the world type.

• Haha 1

• 8 months later...

We are in a suite with a butler (not Haven).  Do the answers above mean that we will not be charged a room service fee for breakfast/lunch/dinner?  Can you also have mimossa's delivered for breakfast?  If so, is there a charge for that?

• Like 1

On 5/19/2023 at 7:29 PM, wil e coyote said:

Your butler will deliver food from the standard room service menu or any of the restaurants on board, as long as they are open. As Two Wheels said, there is only a charge if you're ordering from a specialty restaurant and not using a dining credit.

Just so there is no confusion, this is only available in the Haven. If you're anywhere else on the ship, you are restricted to the room service menu in your cabin, and there is a $9.95 service charge.

To clarify, had several meals in aft PH on the Sun with no Haven on the ship at all.  The Sun only has 20 suites in total.  Out South American cruise was 14 nights with long port days so we loved dining in the suite.  I was with my mom so we cared little about being served in courses.  She was tired after a long day.  

we did more specialty than not since there is no Haven restaurant for dinner, only breakfast in lunch in what used to be called Il Adagio. 

Also, had one served aft PH on Jewel.  

4 hours ago, krwheel said:

We are in a suite with a butler (not Haven).  Do the answers above mean that we will not be charged a room service fee for breakfast/lunch/dinner?  Can you also have mimossa's delivered for breakfast?  If so, is there a charge for that?

Yes you can have any meal served to you in your suite on a white table cloth.

If you order from a complimentary restaurant (like the suites restaurant (Cagney's) on the Viva), there will be no charge. 

If you order from a specialty restaurant for dinner, you get charged or use a dining credit for that. 

Any bar drinks served to you in your suite (a.k.a. mimosas) will be charged at retail price regardless of the beverage package you have. 

You will, however, get a bottle of sparkling wine with your suite and you could mix your own mimosa with some complimentary OJ. 

For a peek at the Viva, the following link is to my live post.

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 3