How does early disembarkation work at Southampton

We did it on Arvia in April.  A couple of days before the end of the cruise, you'll get a note about disembarkation and you can register for walk-off early disembarkation (i.e. carrying all your luggage).  If I remember correctly, they offered a time window from about 0700 until main disembarkation started (0830?).  We pitched up in the atrium area at about 0645 and there were probably a couple of hundred people milling about.  We were off just after 0700 and in the car by 0710.  We will certainly do it again because main disembarkation was, by all accounts, quite slow because of congestion in the baggage hall.  We were worried that the lifts might be a bit chaotic (we were on deck 9 and disembarkation was deck 6), but they were pretty much deserted when we used them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cruising.mark.uk said:

We did it on Arvia in April.  A couple of days before the end of the cruise, you'll get a note about disembarkation and you can register for walk-off early disembarkation (i.e. carrying all your luggage).  If I remember correctly, they offered a time window from about 0700 until main disembarkation started (0830?).  We pitched up in the atrium area at about 0645 and there were probably a couple of hundred people milling about.  We were off just after 0700 and in the car by 0710.  We will certainly do it again because main disembarkation was, by all accounts, quite slow because of congestion in the baggage hall.  We were worried that the lifts might be a bit chaotic (we were on deck 9 and disembarkation was deck 6), but they were pretty much deserted when we used them.

Thanks that's great

Anyone had to get a taxi from cruise port to their after early disembarkation 

Wondering if we should book one. Depending where we park our car later today