New Zealand ETA visa

37 minutes ago, possum52 said:

There is no way to get your ETA online and there hasn't been for a year or so, this option has been removed, it is 'not out of order' The only way now is on the app as per stated on the links below. If you are unable to use the app, you can apply for another visa - the information is available through these links.

Australia ETA

ETA Guide/How to

Thanks for the info.

20 hours ago, possum52 said:

There is no way to get your ETA online and there hasn't been for a year or so, this option has been removed, it is 'not out of order' The only way now is on the app as per stated on the links below. If you are unable to use the app, you can apply for another visa - the information is available through these links.

Australia ETA

ETA Guide/How to

Thanks, and we need one for NZ too, right?

On 5/30/2023 at 6:44 PM, lissie said:

I'm assuming you are travelling on a US passport and are not a known drug dealer, criminal etc 🙂

You don't need a visa for NZ or Australia. You do however need an electronic travel waiver -these are the official links 

Information about NZeTA: New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority | Immigration New Zealand  

Apply for an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) (highcommission.gov.au) 

The biggest thing you need to understand that you CANNOT bring in food or vegetables of any type into NZ or Australia - our bio security is taken very seriously here. You must NOT take food of the cruise ship at ports unless its a sealed commercial item(like a sealed protein bar).  If flying there is an instant $400 fine if you have a piece of fruit (or anything else ) in your bag - doesnt' matter if you forgot it was there. 

There no requirements for Covid vaccines/test at the border to enter the country- but there maybe still some for embarking  your ship in Australia - as that's state authority not Federal.  If you've come from certain places like S America and Africa there maybe a requirement for a yellow fever vaccine. 

Thanks for clearing this up.  ETA NOT Visas LOL.  I have both apps on my phone now so will apply shortly. 

I remember years ago flying into SYD and I had half a candy bar in my purse and that caused quite the stir.  The agent told me "No lollies!" and of course I had no idea what he was talking about LOL.

Edited by MrsB05
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Lauale said:

We did our Aus eta online a month ago, but the NZ one was done through the app. Both were granted within 48 hours.  The Aus ETA was free, the NZ ETA was $52 NZ each. 

Was it the Subclass 651 eVisitor that you were granted? The Aus ETA cannot be done online, it has to be done through the app and there is a cost of $20. The eVisitor is for many European passport holders including the UK and as you say is free. Other passport holders including USA and Canada would need to apply for the ETA.

Edited by possum52

On 6/27/2023 at 12:02 AM, possum52 said:

Was it the Subclass 651 eVisitor that you were granted? The Aus ETA cannot be done online, it has to be done through the app and there is a cost of $20. The eVisitor is for many European passport holders including the UK and as you say is free. Other passport holders including USA and Canada would need to apply for the ETA.

You are correct, Yes we have been granted a subclass 651 Visitor.  My mistake. Thanks for clearing this up.