Can I reserve my Free at sea specialty dining before embarkation

seapad

New with NCL. Can I reserve for specialty dining if I have the Free At Sea offer, or do I need to wait until I get on the ship? Also, if I can pre-reserve, can I do it on the NCK app ahead of boarding? 

Thanks! 

1 minute ago, cruisinmeme said:

And if you wait until boarding you will probably only have 9:00 pm slots open. 

Not my experience at all. There has always been very good availability when we board (although we usually do board quite early).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KeithJenner said:

Not my experience at all. There has always been very good availability when we board (although we usually do board quite early).

I've seen a lot of people warn against waiting to get onboard, but like you I've never seen this be a problem.  I usually board between noon and 1 and still find that there are plenty of time slots available.  

• Like 1

Yes, but go right away to the location of dining reservations and make your reservations when you board. I was told by an NCL worker on the phone they only make 20% of dining reservations available before boarding, but I have read on this board others have been given different percentages.

• Like 1

You can cancel the dining reservations, so try to make them prior to boarding if possible.  We made most of our dining reservations ahead of time, and just needed one last one, which we were able to get when we boarded late.  You can make the reservations on the app as soon as you board.

• Like 1