Provence Wine Tours?

GCBK10905

Hello!  Has anyone done a winery tour shore excursion through Provence Wine Tours?

Debating on going on this tour and trying to figure out which one is best.  We love all types of wine so tough to choose! 😊

1.  Cassis & Bandol

2.  Luberon Villages 

https://provencewinetours.com/discover-our-shore-excursions-range-2/

If anyone happens to have any experiences with this tour company, let me know what you thought!

Thanks!

We did the Cassis and Bando wine excursion with them from Toulon last year. We enjoyed the 3 wineries we went to and had lunch on our own in Cassis. Tour was a good mixture of wineries and also seeing the countryside.

I would recommend them and book them again.

• Like 2

On 5/21/2023 at 6:33 PM, GCBK10905 said:

Hello!  Has anyone done a winery tour shore excursion through Provence Wine Tours?

Debating on going on this tour and trying to figure out which one is best.  We love all types of wine so tough to choose! 😊

1.  Cassis & Bandol

2.  Luberon Villages 

If anyone happens to have any experiences with this tour company, let me know what you thought!

Thanks!

The best wines and the most representative of the area would be in Bandol (the best roses and excellent reds) and Cassis (whites). It is also a beautiful area along the shore.

There are nice wines in the Luberon, but they do not have the renown of the Bandol wines to the south or the Rhone wines to the north.  However, it would give you a chance to see lavender fields if you go in late June to mid-July.

Edited by marazul

• 1 month later...
On 5/21/2023 at 6:33 PM, GCBK10905 said:

1.  Cassis & Bandol

2.  Luberon Villages 

Thanks!

Did you sign up for one of these tours?  When is your cruise?  Our quote was quite a bit more than expected, because it's too far out and he quoted us for a private tour.  I'd be willing to pay that for Chateauneuf de Pape, but I don't know if it's worth it for these.  However, at this time I haven't found a tour that will pick us up at the Marseille cruise port to take us there.  It looks like it's about 90 minutes so I would think someone would offer it.  

We do not like rose wines.  We love a good Bordeaux (which is way too far!) and Chateauneuf de Pape.  

On 5/22/2023 at 8:51 PM, mrobinson said:

We did the Cassis and Bando wine excursion with them from Toulon last year. We enjoyed the 3 wineries we went to and had lunch on our own in Cassis. Tour was a good mixture of wineries and also seeing the countryside.

I would recommend them and book them again.

Do you recall which wineries you went to?  Were they pretty?

1 hour ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

We do not like rose wines.  We love a good Bordeaux (which is way too far!) and Chateauneuf de Pape

Bandol produces some excellent reds and IMO the best rosés.  A big difference from the supermarket rosés sold over here.

19 hours ago, marazul said:

Bandol produces some excellent reds and IMO the best rosés.  A big difference from the supermarket rosés sold over here.

We’ve tried a variety of roses and have not liked any of them. We tend to buy our wines in wine stores and vineyards, not grocery stores, although we do on occasion. Our preference is a dry red. We also get free wine classes once a month due to our status with Total Wine.  We have one this Saturday, “new wines from the old world”.  The best rose we ever had in one of those classes was a sparkling rose, but didn’t like it well enough to purchase. Our quote for this tour was 710 euros. It’s not worth it to us. We will just do a group tour in Tuscany. We have found wine tastes better in a beautiful setting!  Wine is kind of our thing. We like to make splurges on fine wines, and love traveling to different vineyards in and around NC. Georgia has some really beautiful vineyards with descent wines. As always, I greatly appreciate your input!  

Btw, how do you get the accents over your letters?  Duolingo gripes at me because I leave them off but the aren’t on my keyboard. 

Edited by NCteacherlovescruising

1 hour ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

We’ve tried a variety of roses and have not liked any of them. We tend to buy our wines in wine stores and vineyards, not grocery stores, although we do on occasion. Our preference is a dry red. We also get free wine classes once a month due to our status with Total Wine.  We have one this Saturday, “new wines from the old world”.  The best rose we ever had in one of those classes was a sparkling rose, but didn’t like it well enough to purchase. Our quote for this tour was 710 euros. It’s not worth it to us. We will just do a group tour in Tuscany. We have found wine tastes better in a beautiful setting!  Wine is kind of our thing. We like to make splurges on fine wines, and love traveling to different vineyards in and around NC. Georgia has some really beautiful vineyards with descent wines. As always, I greatly appreciate your input!  

Btw, how do you get the accents over your letters?  Duolingo gripes at me because I leave them off but the aren’t on my keyboard. 

I use ASCII codes on a keyboard that has a number pad. You hold down the alt key while entering a number on the number pad. (If you are interested I will try to attach a little chart to a post.)

You can also install alternate virtual keyboards on your screen.  That's best for non-Romance languages such as Greek.

But the easiest of all is to hold down a letter on a touch screen keyboard (phone, tablet). When you hold it down, a pop-up screen pops up with all the accents.

Edited by marazul
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1