customer service today

I called customer service today and was pleasantly surprised to get my call answered right away.  I called because I got status matched and I wanted my Voyager's Club number to be added to our cruise.  The lady was very pleasant and was happy to do so and even said she would apply my discount.  I ended up being on the phone 30 minutes but was happy it seemed to go so smoothly.  She sent me new email, I thanked her and said goodbye.  I was wondering why everyone was so negative about their customer service.  Then I pulled up the new invoice.  The OBC was there, and for the correct amount.  However, it also looks like I was charged for the OBC.  😒Looking at the app, it says I haven't purchased any items. Do you think they are going to charge me for the OBC I was "given" today for my "discount"?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I called customer service today and was pleasantly surprised to get my call answered right away.  I called because I got status matched and I wanted my Voyager's Club number to be added to our cruise.  The lady was very pleasant and was happy to do so and even said she would apply my discount.  I ended up being on the phone 30 minutes but was happy it seemed to go so smoothly.  She sent me new email, I thanked her and said goodbye.  I was wondering why everyone was so negative about their customer service.  Then I pulled up the new invoice.  The OBC was there, and for the correct amount.  However, it also looks like I was charged for the OBC.  😒Looking at the app, it says I haven't purchased any items. Do you think they are going to charge me for the OBC I was "given" today for my "discount"?

So, now you know why everyone is so negative.

Call them again....as early in the day as possible to clear this up.

With MSC you never know..........

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I'm at work so I can't now.  I spent lunch and part of activity time on the phone with them the first time.  (I'm a teacher)

2 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I'm at work so I can't now.  I spent lunch and part of activity time on the phone with them the first time.  (I'm a teacher)

Give it a day or so before you'll the OBC has to be charged and it goes to accounting and taken off...

Edited by mmbcater

2 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Actually, my bad. At the bottom of the invoice they applied the credit for the OBC. Both customer service reps I dealt with today very very friendly, polite and helpful and zero wait time.

1 hour ago, karmamule said:

I'm hoping that it's just a problem with how the OBC is being presented on the bill and not that you were actually charged for it. Good luck!

It was a problem with me not reading the entire invoice!  They did apply it correctly. 🙂

12 minutes ago, tony s said:

Customer service and MSC is a misnomer like military intelligence 

Actually, both calls today were handled friendly and professionally. I am quite pleased so far!

9 minutes ago, mmbcater said:

Give it a day or so before you'll the OBC has to be charged and it goes to accounting and taken off...

It was just me not reading the invoice correctly. At the bottom it shows where I still have a $19.90 credit. 

• Like 2

I have often called the german line in Munich and was always a great experience. Yesterday the lady seemed indifferent and didnt really want to chat with me, but then I was also a bit out of it myself. but she took care of the issue and that was it. 

The website though is a painful experience. Why can't I stay logged in, why do I have to always know my booking number ( I have an account) and why does it not show what add-ons I book? instead they keep sending me 14 page emails for every purchase.

just give me an account overview- listing all bookings and then I click a booking and see what additional stuff I have booked.. Ex. port parking. it's part of the email but I had to call to confirm they showed it booked and paid as online it is nowwhere to be found. 

• Like 2