Comfort Inn Ship Creek Anchorage

cruisin'mama

Just a heads up for anyone who has a reservation at Ship Creek, it is not longer a Comfort Inn but now part of the Wyndham group. Our traveling companions and us had reservations there for June 11th and my friend just happened to call the hotel directly about getting a room later in her trip. She was told that they aren’t honoring current reservations and aren’t taking any new ones at this time.  We were not notified by Choice Hotels that we no longer had a reservation so luckily she found out by accident. Now we are having to find another hotel just a couple of weeks out! 

• Thanks 1

I tried to cancel my reservation on the Choice Hotel website a couple days ago, and could not. I ended up calling and getting a cancellation number from them, although it still comes up on my account as a current trip.  Thanks for finding out what is going on. 

FYI costs have sky rocketed in the other downtown hotels.  

CT 

31 minutes ago, SeaStar102 said:

I tried to cancel my reservation on the Choice Hotel website a couple days ago, and could not. I ended up calling and getting a cancellation number from them, although it still comes up on my account as a current trip.  Thanks for finding out what is going on. 

FYI costs have sky rocketed in the other downtown hotels.  

CT 

I still show that we have a reservation on their website. We were staying there because of the convenience when we arrive by train at 9:15pm. Luckily I have Hilton Family and Friends so I was able to get the Hampton Inn, it just won’t be as convenient.

I just called Ships Creek, and they told me they have no access to any of the Choice Hotel data , so they don't even have names/dates etc of any reservations made through them.   

I managed to find rooms downtown , as we have a 6:45am  train to Seward to catch .   Its going to be painful for some people. 

I'm panicking first trip and a dream for me staying comfort inn aug 21 booked with expedia I just talked to customer service seen wyndham listed on itinerary now they said they can assure me confirmation. Now I'm confused 

I also called the hotel yesterday after reading about this on the book of faces.    The hotel told me that any reservation that was not prepaid was cancelled.  Only those reservations which were paid were carried over to Wyndham.   Since mine were not prepaid, they "graciously" offered me a new reservation for $120 more plus tax per night.  Since we are staying two nights, I said "no, thank you".

Since I made our reservation through Priceline, I contacted them this morning and they have been more than helpful.   They are going to contact the hotel and try to get them to honor my price and if not, they are going to find me a nearby hotel and pay for the price difference.   Since I made my reservation in November, the prices have doubled so I am very happy with their response.    I do have a back up reservation at Holiday Inn; however, we want to stay closer to the Alaskan Train Station.  

I feel sorry for everyone who is not aware and will be showing up at the hotel to find out they do not have a reservation.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mega8855 said:

I'm panicking first trip and a dream for me staying comfort inn aug 21 booked with expedia I just talked to customer service seen wyndham listed on itinerary now they said they can assure me confirmation. Now I'm confused 

Not to add more panic to you, but I would call back Expedia and have them call the hotel directly.   When I called Priceline, they too could see my confirmation, but I insisted to them that it was not going to be accepted at the hotel and they looked further into it.  Better to be safe than sorry.   Hope it works out for you (and everyone else).

15 hours ago, cruisin'mama said:

I called Wyndham and they said they show nothing for me in their system.

Did you make your reservation directly with the hotel (Comfort Inn) or with a third party?

4 minutes ago, Mega8855 said:

Expedia. I was told if u prepaid reservation transfers but if u used pay later they were cancelled 

Yes, that is what I was told also.   Sounds like you should be good.