First time cruisers- Coco Beach Club Cabana and Pass

My wife and I booked a cruise on RC's Freedom of the Seas. We are meeting some friends who will also be on board.

One friend has booked the "Coco Beach Club- Beach Cabana and Full Day Pass"  for him and his wife. It is my understanding these cabanas have room for 8 total guests. 

My question is, do my wife and I need to buy our  pass to hang out with them in their cabana?  

If a cabana was purchased at the beach club, the price includes day passes for up to 8 people, so, unless they have 8 people you could join them and help pay the price. If they have 8 people, you would need to buy your own day pass and could probably visit them in their cabana or they may be able to add you to the cabana for an extra fee. This is not based on experience; however, so maybe someone else knows for sure! Oh and welcome to Cruise Critic!

Edited by SilkySal
add

2 hours ago, SilkySal said:

If a cabana was purchased at the beach club, the price includes day passes for up to 8 people, so, unless they have 8 people you could join them and help pay the price. If they have 8 people, you would need to buy your own day pass and could probably visit them in their cabana or they may be able to add you to the cabana for an extra fee. This is not based on experience; however, so maybe someone else knows for sure! Oh and welcome to Cruise Critic!

Thank you! This is what I figured but I guess I’ll just ask my friend and see what they tell him. 

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Yes you need to buy passes or maybe your friends will give you passes. Just my opinion, the Beach Club was worth it when you could buy it for $50 or less per person, but it has become way over priced lately. 

There’s only 6 total of us so I was thinking you book it and it’s up to 8 , so he would be able to give us the passes that way. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Libast said:

My wife and I booked a cruise on RC's Freedom of the Seas. We are meeting some friends who will also be on board.

One friend has booked the "Coco Beach Club- Beach Cabana and Full Day Pass"  for him and his wife. It is my understanding these cabanas have room for 8 total guests. 

My question is, do my wife and I need to buy our  pass to hang out with them in their cabana?  

You mentioned meeting "friends" and also stated "one friend and his wife"  so it's hard to tell what the total count for your group is.  I've never rented a cabana, so I don't know if they require all guest names at time of reservation or if the 8 names can be provided once on board.  If the total group is 8 or less, then I'd encourage your friend to submit the names in advance.  The day Freedom is at CocoCay, the atttendants (gatekeepers) at the entrance of the Beach Club will verify your name on the list of guests.  No entry for those not on the list.  And the beach club does sell out, so purchasing at entry my not be an option.  While I don't know for sure, it seems logical that they will pin down the names of the eight guests so there's no midday swapping:  Sal & Sally can't come in at noon, taking Anne & Andy's place when they leave.  From what I read, guests #9 & #10 must pay for beach club entry and a $50 each fee for the cabana. 

Either this past December or January I visited the Beach Club for the first time, purchasing my pass during the Black Friday sale for $89, and I had a relaxing day.  Hopefully the two of you are part of the 8 on your friend's list.  If you find out you're not, but your passes soon, as it probably will sell out.

This is based upon what's posted: 

Soak up boundless blues from your very own Cabana on our private beach, plus a Full Day Pass to Coco Beach Club for up to eight guests. 

• There’s plenty of room for up to 8 of your favorite people on 4 lounge chairs and a sectional sofa — plus enjoy your own dining area, charging outlets, Bluetooth speaker, a ceiling fan, and lockable storage. Should you a have a larger party there is a charge of $50 per person plus a Coco Beach Club Day pass for a maximum of 2 additional people.