Bangkok/Bali Extensions and Transfers

mofrances

Hello first time Viking cruiser here! Very excited to have booked the Bangkok to Bali trip on Orion in November 2024. We were also lucky to have booked both the pre- and post- extensions (they were sold out last week, but showed up as available today so we grabbed them!). I have two questions related to the extensions:

1. The Bangkok extension is 2 nights. Description as follows: Arrive in Bangkok and transfer to hotel for overnight. Next day included tour and free time. Overnight again. Day 2 talks about free time to visit flower markets or take a boat ride, or even an excursion to some far away temple. But isn't that the day we board the ship? And presumably it's a 2-hour ride to the port of Laem Chabang. When would the transfer bus typically leave the hotel? I'm confused...

2. The Bali extension is also 2 nights and sounds lovely. But most flights back to US leave around 1 am. So would Viking provide us transfers to the airport on the second evening (i.e. departing the hotel around 10 pm before sleeping that night), or would we have to stay that entire night in hotel, then figure out how to fill time between check out and flight time?

Would love to hear any tips or comments if anyone has done either extension! Thanks! 

• 5 months later...

I chatted with a Viking rep today about the Bangkok pre-cruise extension- she said arrival/pickup at BKK airport was on Oct 30 2024 and departure to the cruise terminal was on Nov 1.  So the description for Day 3 of the extension is not correct.  
this is for the Nov 1 2024 sailing Bangkok to Bali

• 1 month later...
On 11/3/2023 at 5:41 PM, DingoDan said:

I chatted with a Viking rep today about the Bangkok pre-cruise extension- she said arrival/pickup at BKK airport was on Oct 30 2024 and departure to the cruise terminal was on Nov 1.  So the description for Day 3 of the extension is not correct.  
this is for the Nov 1 2024 sailing Bangkok to Bali

Thank you @DingoDan! That is helpful information. We are on the Nov 1 cruise as well! 

My conundrum now is when to arrive in Bangkok. We are flying from the US and our flight will most likely arrive just after midnight on Oct 30. So very early on that day. Hoping we can opt for a sleeping room at the ShangriLa - otherwise we will be sitting up until check in that day. Or we can choose to not arrive until very early on the morning of the 31st, but that means we miss the entire first day...

First world problems I know but we are somewhat constrained by flight times. Leaning toward arriving on the 30th and hoping it will work out!

Looking forward to my first Viking cruise!!

Maureen

• Thanks 1