Sim Card in UK

cruiseamm

Bought the 12GB a couple months before the trip. Received the card within a week. Registered card, got UK phone #.

Arrived yesterday. Turned on 3UK SIM. Plan kicked in at the airport. Received email 'From Three':  

Hi there,  

Thanks for buying a 50GB Data Pack. It's now active and good to go.

Checked my 3UK account and I have 50GB. Great to have all that data and free local calling. Works great, even gets 5g signal. I'll be using in all UK countries, Ireland, Iceland and Norway. Happy customer so far.

https://ca.simcorner.com/collections/europe-sim-card

7 hours ago, cruiseamm said:

Bought the 12GB a couple months before the trip. Received the card within a week. Registered card, got UK phone #.

Arrived yesterday. Turned on 3UK SIM. Plan kicked in at the airport. Received email 'From Three':  

Hi there,  

Thanks for buying a 50GB Data Pack. It's now active and good to go.

Checked my 3UK account and I have 50GB. Great to have all that data and free local calling. Works great, even gets 5g signal. I'll be using in all UK countries, Ireland, Iceland and Norway. Happy customer so far.

https://ca.simcorner.com/collections/europe-sim-card

Used the card last August, it would work nicely everywhere but Greenland 😁

15 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Used the card last August, it would work nicely everywhere but Greenland 😁

I think it was your recommendation that clinched it for me. Don't see the thread (deleted??).

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, dawnvip said:

Can you renew if more than 30 days is needed?

No 

How to Recharge

This sim cannot be recharged, if you are travelling for longer than 30 days, we advise that you purchase additional sim cards based on the duration of your travel and place the activation date approximately 30 days apart for each sim and swap the sim over at the end of 30 days.

For example, if you are travelling for 56 days and are departing on the 1st of September, then you should select 2 for the quantity (qty) and add them to the cart. Then in the cart page enter the activation date for the first sim as 1st September and then press the "+" to enter the activation date for second sim as 30th September. Whilst on your travel, insert the first sim card to get connected and after 30 days all you need to do is swap the sims over to remain connected throughout your trip. (Please note: each sim card will have a different phone number).

Please note: If you need more than 10GB of Data then please either purchase our Europe & UK 12GB SIM card or Europe & UK 20GB SIM card as you cannot top-up this sim.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dawnvip said:

Thanks @Ex-Airbalancer for the quick reply. I will continue my search...

I am leaning towards an eSim, but would also like to have telephone as well as data so the jury is still out. 50 days to make a decision! 🤔

It has unlimited UK &EU calls and sms 

https://ca.simcorner.com/collections/europe-sim-card/products/europe-uk-sim-card-8gb

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Roamed in Ireland.   Roaming in Reykjavik atm (great service at the edges of the earth) . Worked great in the Harbour at Isafjordur, Iceland; where the ship wifi was unable to connect all day. 😀

PXL_20230609_150512973.jpg

PXL_20230609_150138349.jpg

Edited by cruiseamm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1