Current cancellation policy

phoenix_dream

3 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I confess I am getting confused about cancellation changes. As of today, what is the cancellation policy? Thanks for clarifying. FCC??  No FCC?  If there is, is there a time constraint?  

If you cancel on a cruise booked today, you will lose the whole deposit with the NRD. That's as simple as it gets. Previously booked cruises will be grandfathered in according to the terms on your guest invoice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RTShaker said:

If you cancel on a cruise booked today, you will lose the whole deposit with the NRD. That's as simple as it gets. Previously booked cruises will be grandfathered in according to the terms on your guest invoice.

Ok. Thanks 

The invoice for a cruise I just booked last week has a note that says, “The minimum deposit for this reservation is non-refundable.  A change fee of $100 CAD per guest will apply for ship or sail date changes.”  

I interpreted this as meaning the deposit amount won’t be refunded, but can be transferred to a different cruise minus a $100 pp change fee.  Am I reading that correctly and, if not, what would the $100 pp change fee apply to in that case?

30 minutes ago, EggyB said:

I interpreted this as meaning the deposit amount won’t be refunded, but can be transferred to a different cruise minus a $100 pp change fee.  Am I reading that correctly ...

You are correct in your interpretation. As a note, to lose only $100 you must keep your original booking number, so do not cancel and then book a new cruise. You must transfer the booking to the new ship/sail date to keep the booking number.

Edited by RTShaker

2 minutes ago, RTShaker said:

You are correct in your interpretation. As a note, to lose only $100 you must keep your original booking number, so do not cancel and then book a new cruise. You must transfer the booking to the new ship/sail date to keep the booking number.

That’s good to know, thanks!  I was pleasantly surprised to see that on my invoice because I thought I had read on CC that Celebrity was no longer allowing any portion of the NRD to be transferred, even with the $100 pp penalty.  I definitely want to take the cruise, but it’s reassuring to know that if something unexpected came up before final payment, which is a year away, I could transfer most of the deposit to another sailing rather than losing it all.

The AON Insurance Policy is not worth the cost even though it is less expensive than independent travel insurance policies.

My wife was diagnosed with terminal cancer and placed in hospice. Celebrity and AON said sorry, we won't pay. Physician Statement was full of errors and to date I have not been able to get an accurate statement as AON hasn't sent we a blank form to get completed correctly.

The real rub is that they issued a future cruise credit to a person who can't travel and is terminally ill>

21 minutes ago, warm said:

The AON Insurance Policy is not worth the cost even though it is less expensive than independent travel insurance policies.

My wife was diagnosed with terminal cancer and placed in hospice. Celebrity and AON said sorry, we won't pay. Physician Statement was full of errors and to date I have not been able to get an accurate statement as AON hasn't sent we a blank form to get completed correctly.

The real rub is that they issued a future cruise credit to a person who can't travel and is terminally ill>

I am so sorry to read about your wife's situation.