Getting to private tour departure points (usually hotels) from port in Reyjjavik?

seattleslew

The private tours I'll be taking require pickup at hotels.  Is there a ship shuttle to the hotel areas?  When you try to book online they ask for a pickup point so which should I choose (I imagine they're all fairly large hotels) or should I just contact the tour company?  And when the tour returns at 7 or 8pm, how do I get back to the port?  Does Holland always berth at the same port and is it walkable from downtown?  The good news is in August it will be daylight until we depart at 11.

Some ships provide shuttles to town, some don't.  Hotels in Reykjavik are mostly in the same area but not all are in the central area, so with the info you have given I don't think we can answer your question.

I'd inquire about Holland's practices on their board.

You can always take a taxi in Reykjavik or ask the tour provider how they suggest you get to the pickup point.  I'm surprised a private tour wouldn't meet at the ship, though

BTW, sunset is 10:30 in early August in Reykjavik, moving up to 8:50PM by the end of the month

Edited by Nitemare