Regatta-Which Bangkok Port?

2 hours ago, Jamietravelstheworld said:

Does anyone know where the Regatta docks for Bangkok? I'll be on the Regatta in November when we have a day and a half in Bangkok.

Depends upon who else is in town and which line has seniority of choice. At this point only Oceania can tell you. We’d be flipping a coin not knowing.

Dear Fellow Cruisers:

To find out which port Oceania is using you can check the list of tours for Bangkok .  If there are tours to the Klong Toey market and that part of Bangkok you can ascertain that you will dock at Klong Toey; otherwise,you will dock approx. 2 hours from Bangkok.  Good hunting.

Joel Barry

1 hour ago, Cape Hernlopen said:

Dear Fellow Cruisers:

To find out which port Oceania is using you can check the list of tours for Bangkok .  If there are tours to the Klong Toey market and that part of Bangkok you can ascertain that you will dock at Klong Toey; otherwise,you will dock approx. 2 hours from Bangkok.  Good hunting.

Joel Barry

Not necessarily true. Our next cruise slated for an embark from Bangkok is actually at Laem Chabang (including an overnight there). Nonetheless, the majority of the ship tours on the first full day (and I assume on the changeover day as well) are Bangkok based.

3 hours ago, Cape Hernlopen said:

Dear Fellow Cruisers:

Joel Barry

Regatta is a smaller ship and will probably dock at Klong Toey.  Most of the ship tours are 3-5 hours which leads me to believe you will dock close in.  I will be on Riviera in January and will dock in Laem Chabang. This is approx. 80 miles (2-1/4 hour drive) from Bangkok.  Also most of the ship excursions are 7-10 hours.

Dear FF:

My advice on the Bangkok port was a quick read of the situation and not a definitive statement.  Further, tours that include the Kong Toey market are never from Laem Chabang but from Klong Toey.  A definitive statement.

Joel Barry

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2023 at 4:05 PM, Jamietravelstheworld said:

Does anyone know where the Regatta docks for Bangkok? I'll be on the Regatta in November when we have a day and a half in Bangkok.

I hope you come back here (or somewhere else - a Facebook group, or Ports of Call section?) to report actual location where you docked.  We're on Riviera (larger) so may be farther out and may not know where we'll be until the night before.  But any info from recent visitors to Bangkok would be helpful.  Our itinerary for next year on Riviera states Bangkok (Laem Chabang) for disembarkation, with a day and a half.  So that's pretty clear to me - dock in Laem Chabang, 2 hours away!  So I'm assuming we won't be able to see a lot of Bangkok given the distance from port to city, but a little is better than none, plus we will likely stay over in Bangkok for a day or two after the cruise. And with an overnight there, at least we don't have to see a little and then ush back to the ship.

In any case, I hope those of you traveling earlier than me come back here and report how things went.  Any info, even just one person's experience, is helpful for me. 

Edited by IWantToLiveOverTheSea