Will we make it back in time - Istanbul

We are interested in a Bosphorus cruise tour, that ends at 4:30 pm. We need to be back on ship by 6:00. It looks like we need to take a tram to/from port to meeting place. Then I understand it’s a long walk back through the terminal. I believe we are the only ship in port that day.

We are not very fast walkers.

Anyone do a tour like this or think we could get back in time?

Anyone do a tour like this or think we could get back in time?

Rather than stress about being back on time, there is a different option you could consider.

Instead of than taking an actual cruise tour, you could take one of the local ferries which ply the same route.  They also leave from the Eminonu area and  the only downside is that you don't get commentary, but I think if you internet search you should be able to find a description of a least some of the buildings along the route. OTOH, you could simply sit back and enjoy the ride as it is a really  lovely thing to do. We found that Turyol cruised quite close to shore which is a bonus and added to the enjoyment. We have used the Turyol boats in the past. It is a  private company (these are a step up from the regular ferries)and you could check out their website if you think it  may be an option. Googling "Turyol Bosphorus cruise" should give info too. it is good as the ferry doesn't actually stop multiple times along the way.  I expect there will be online reviews on eg Tripadvisor.

If one of your results is a site called Turkey Travel Planner, do look at it (together with other results) as we have found that site invaluable  each time we have visited Istanbul in the past and it quickly became our "go to" website.

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 1

By the way, the suggestions above were made so that you could check for alternative times which might better suit your port timings.   And check other companies which also offer similar "cruise tours " to the one you are considering, because  a nu8mber of companies offer the same tours. and it is unlikely they will all leave and arrive back at exactly the same times so even a half hour difference might give you peace of mind.

Edited by edinburgher