Princess Hospitality Room in Auckland?

jazzmom

Hi -

We arrive in Auckland at 5:10AM the morning of embarkation, April 2. We have purchased Princess transfers. I know immigration will take a little time after getting off the plane, but since check-in doesn't start until 1pm, what accomodations are provided during the wait? Do you have to stay with your luggage or is there somewhere to store it?

My hope is to be able to wander around a bit before check-in, since we get in so early.

Thanks for any input.

jazzmom

When we took this cruise with Princess, there was a room set up at the hotel for you to drop off your luggage(it is watched by Princess employees) as well as some coffee, muffins, soda and water. We dropped off our luggage, freshened up in the restrooms and then walked the nearby streets to check out the shops. When we got back to the hotel, we had lunch and then picked up our keys. It was pretty painless actually.

Have fun!

Charlie

Thanks Charlie for the input. you mentioned picking up keys...was this on embarkation day or at the end of the trip? I'm thinking we would be taken to the ship terminal from the hospitality room, so I'm not sure where keys fit in? We also are staying in Sydney post cruise, so I'm hoping a hospitality room at the hotel will be available as well, before check-in there.

If you would verify that there was a hotel hospitality room at embarkation, that would be great! Also, if so, was it near the ship terminal?

THANKS!

Kathy

I read embarkation as something different - it's the medications and that's the story I'm stickin' with! all is not lost though. We arrvived about four hours early for our first embarkation - mostly because we didn't know any better and Princess did have a lock up for the luggage. If you have Princess transfers, then I would think they woulld take care of your luggage from there. We just pick stuff up and go through Customs, then Princess takes it from there - it was pretty brainless. That's why we like Princess. Sometimes they even offer a little mini-tour to take for those who want to see the city and are there early. Hope this makes a little more sense. Sorry that I mis-read the first time. You are going to have a great trip!

Charlie

Archived