Why does Aeroplan take so long to show miles?

CDNPolar

My experience with Aeroplan and Air Canada / Star Alliance, is that until I submit missing miles, my flight miles don't show on my Aeroplan.

Anyone else experience this?

It makes me think that unless I am monitoring every flight, I may not get the miles credited.

That sucks but it hasn't been my experience. Over the many years being an Aeroplan member i have rarely had to submit a request for missed miles.  The one time i remember having to do it, i discovered that my frequent flyer account was missing from the ticket. Whether it was my oversight or their's, it was fairly quickly remedy. 

Now i haven't been flying much in the last 3 years but my multi flight to and from South America earlier this year had all my flights credited. 

Hope your luck changes soon. 

19 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

My experience with Aeroplan and Air Canada / Star Alliance, is that until I submit missing miles, my flight miles don't show on my Aeroplan.

Anyone else experience this?

It makes me think that unless I am monitoring every flight, I may not get the miles credited.

It is weird.  For me it tends to be the flight from Vancouver to Victoria that from time to time does not post.  I usually have to identify it as missing and then it shows.  Every other flight for me usually shows up, sometimes it takes longer than other times.