Constellation Hair Dryers

seasill

Bring your own!

Sailed on the Connie last Oct. & forgot 'my' hairdryer. The ones on the ship work fine, just aren't strong enough for me. Took too long to dry my hair & didn't fluff enough. So in April I am going to remember to bring my own hairdryer. Doesn't take up much room so I try to take it everywhere.

There are two in the bathroom though, one on the wall & another one under the sink. Did not try the one under the sink, only the one hanging on the wall.

I would also recommend an extension cord. There aren't many outlets in the room & the one by the desk was ok but I would recommend an additional cord.

Bring your own!

Sailed on the Connie last Oct. & forgot 'my' hairdryer. The ones on the ship work fine, just aren't strong enough for me. Took too long to dry my hair & didn't fluff enough. So in April I am going to remember to bring my own hairdryer. Doesn't take up much room so I try to take it everywhere.

There are two in the bathroom though, one on the wall & another one under the sink. Did not try the one under the sink, only the one hanging on the wall.

I would also recommend an extension cord. There aren't many outlets in the room & the one by the desk was ok but I would recommend an additional cord.

Thanks for the quick response. Will have to consider taking my own. Has anyone ever tried the one under the sink? I don't remember ever seeing one there...

Hi,

Those of you who have been on the Connie, recently, how are the hair dryers? Strong enough or should I bring my own...

Thanks

We had both hairdryers in our FV and they were worthless. I brought my Yellowbird. The ones they provide don't provide enough blow power.

Funny you should ask. My sister is joining my on an Alaska Cruise in may and Sunday she asked about the hair dryers. I happen to have taken a picture of the Hiar Dryer label on Constellation in September. The hair dryers are only 750 Watts. She told me she would have to bring one along because one that weak would not give her enough volumn. I never knew that...:rolleyes:

If you are in a CC cabin, the hair dryers under the sink are just fine. I have fairly thick hair and it is about shoulder length now. I had no problems whatsoever drying my hair. On my last cruise on the Infinity I acutally had my own hair dryer with me but never used it. The only reason I had my own with me was because I was not sure that one place we were staying before the cruise had dryers. If we did not stay in a CC cabin with the dryers under the sink, I would bring my own. Those wall dryers are next to worthless.

I was in a CC cabin on the Connie in January and couldn't get the plug on the under sink hair dryer to fit in the outlet near the dressing table. Fortunately, I had my own dryer with me that fit just fine. If you want to be on the safe side, I'd recommend bringing your own.

Sheila

All I can say is, in my experience, if you have slightly thick her or longer than average "breathing on your hair might be more effective" than the built in hairdryers (I can't say about the CC cabin ones as I've never used those. Never again will I travel without my hairdyer.

Another consideration for any UK cruiser who uses GHD type hair straighteners is that they do not get hot enough on the lower voltage power in the cabins. Don't learn this the hard way like one of my cruising companions did last New Year.

Archived