Live from NCL Escape 05/28-06/04/23 Miami to DR/St. Thomas/Tortola/GSC

On 5/31/2023 at 5:35 AM, big al said:

I really appreciate you posting this as we will be on the Escape 12/9/23..just got off the Joy 4/27 after a 12 day cruise..super cruise...the Joy was also sold out @ 3800 passengers..we didn't have a problem going to our 5:30 dinners at the Manhattan Room..maybe because it was very early..our 5 specialty dining dinners @ Ocean Blue, Cagney's, Teppanyaki, Le Bistro ( outside on deck 8..fantastic!!), and the Food Republic were all amazing..loved the Local too..Reuben & chicken salad sandwich there were great along with the fish & chips..thanks again!

Big Al

Thank you! I bet your 12/9/23 cruise won't have too many kids to drive up the numbers. We have been on the Encore, Breakaway, Getaway and Bliss so we were familiar with the large numbers with Breakaway and Breakaway Plus ships but we were told there were 5118 passengers on this cruise which made it very crowded in the atrium, pool and main dining rooms at dinner.

If we were a party of 2 people rather than 5 people, they said they had more options for us to modify our reservations. 

• Like 1

I am not sure if I mentioned that cabins were ready at 2:30pm for our floor and by 2:45pm or so all cabins were ready. They had announced that cabins would be available by 3pm in an early announcement about 12 Noon or 1pm.

Our cabin steward, Nooman, (spelling?) was among the best we have had. The room was very clean and the bed for our granddaughter was ready when we got to the room after 2:30pm. Bags were ready at that time, too, but we did have to go down the hall to find them.

He had our cabin cleaned before 10am on all days but one day.  With how happy we were with how clean things were the first day, we tipped him that first day to thank him for having everything in order. As we were so pleased with how he came early to our room each day -something we appreciated, we tipped him on day 4 and again at the end of the cruise. 

We were in a Club Balcony Suite on deck 15 below the pool deck. We occasionally heard some pool chairs being moved but it wasn't too early or too late. The walls of the cabins seemed to be sound proof as we could not hear any conversations from neighbors and we sure hope they didn't hear our granddaughter when she was singing loud in the shower or singing and dancing in the room. Lol.

We did not hear any cabin toilets being flushed which we can easily hear on other ships such as the Jewel class or Sun class ships.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Seas2mountains said:

I am not sure if I mentioned that cabins were ready at 2:30pm for our floor and by 2:45pm or so all cabins were ready. They had announced that cabins would be available by 3pm in an early announcement about 12 Noon or 1pm.

Our cabin steward, Nooman, (spelling?) was among the best we have had. The room was very clean and the bed for our granddaughter was ready when we got to the room after 2:30pm. Bags were ready at that time, too, but we did have to go down the hall to find them.

He had our cabin cleaned before 10am on all days but one day.  With how happy we were with how clean things were the first day, we tipped him that first day to thank him for having everything in order. As we were so pleased with how he came early to our room each day -something we appreciated, we tipped him on day 4 and again at the end of the cruise. 

We were in a Club Balcony Suite on deck 15 below the pool deck. We occasionally heard some pool chairs being moved but it wasn't too early or too late. The walls of the cabins seemed to be sound proof as we could not hear any conversations from neighbors and we sure hope they didn't hear our granddaughter when she was singing loud in the shower or singing and dancing in the room. Lol.

We did not hear any cabin toilets being flushed which we can easily hear on other ships such as the Jewel class or Sun class ships.

It's so great to hear you had such a lovely cabin steward! There's certainly been some comments about a lack of this (and I sure don't blame the stewards). Hopefully we'll have Nooman at some point in our future cruises. 

3 PM'ish is about what time our rooms were ready in December and March.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...