Golf Anyone?

olemissreb

My sister and I are planning a Feb '25 cruise with our boyfriends.  She and I really would love to do Nicole's Table Cooking Class as we both love cooking, but the guys wouldn't.  What they would love to do is go golfing.  Does anyone know of any golf courses in the area that the guys could go to?  Or do you know if Celebrity offers a golf excursion?

Thanks for the help!

Cedar Valley golf course - about a five minute drive from the port in St. John's.  I used to drive past it every day, it looks OK but have not played it.  Check it out on Trip Advisor first.  Do it yourself, no need for an excursion.

On 5/27/2023 at 5:46 PM, Fairgarth said:

Cedar Valley golf course - about a five minute drive from the port in St. John's.  I used to drive past it every day, it looks OK but have not played it.  Check it out on Trip Advisor first.  Do it yourself, no need for an excursion.

Thank you!  I did see that course on TA...pretty good reviews and bonus that it is so close to the ship.  I think we'll end up booking that for the guys.  Just have to remember to teach them the difference between "ships time" and "local time"...newbies!...and pray they get back to the ship in time. 🤣

• 5 months later...
On 5/28/2023 at 3:06 AM, olemissreb said:

My sister and I are planning a Feb '25 cruise with our boyfriends.  She and I really would love to do Nicole's Table Cooking Class as we both love cooking, but the guys wouldn't.  What they would love to do is go golfing.  Does anyone know of any golf courses in the area that the guys could go to?  Or do you know if Celebrity offers a golf excursion?

Thanks for the help!

I played Cedar Valley last spring. The conditions weren’t great but it’s an interesting course. We had our clubs with us but rentals are available. We grabbed a taxi when we left the ship.

7 hours ago, Torfamm said:

I played Cedar Valley last spring. The conditions weren’t great but it’s an interesting course. We had our clubs with us but rentals are available. We grabbed a taxi when we left the ship.

Thank you! While we have changed cruiselines for this cruise, we're still stopping in Antigua and I think this is where we are going to send the guys while my sister and I go shopping. IIRC Cedar Valley isn't too far from the dock via taxi, so the guys shouldn't get lost/miss the boat.  I hope!

30 minutes ago, olemissreb said:

Thank you! While we have changed cruiselines for this cruise, we're still stopping in Antigua and I think this is where we are going to send the guys while my sister and I go shopping. IIRC Cedar Valley isn't too far from the dock via taxi, so the guys shouldn't get lost/miss the boat.  I hope!

It isn’t too far and there is a taxi stand as you exit the pier. Our driver was a serious golfer himself and had lots of tips to share (Lots and lots Ha ha) He arranged to come back for us and said the clubhouse had his number if we finished early.

• Like 1