"Privacy curtain" in Jr. Suite ?(help)

TEAGAN

Will be cruising with our 13 yr old child in a Jr Suite on Voyager. The photos show a "privacy curtain" that divides the bed from the pull out couch. It doesn't look so "private". Does the curtain stretch out or is it more of a decorative "pretend" privacy curtain. If so, any ideas on how to make a privacy curtain? You all have such great suggestions for us firs time cruisers. I'm thinking of building a fort over our bed with one of those foam egg carton mattress covers that everyone is posting about ??!! If not I guess it's out to our nice big aft balcony (which also doesn't look so private). ;)

Unfortunately the only way we've gotten privacy on a cruise with kids is by having one of the big suites with seperate bedroom WITH a closed door;) , or getting an extra room for the kids (we cruised with 3 kids first time....2 rooms..., and 1 the second time....Royal Suite.) Both ways afforded us the privacy we wanted.....but it was still at a price!

Take Care,

Jaime

I guess you could use the balcony curtains as a privacy curtain but this may mean you are sleeping on the balcony. This might not be so bad on those sea days.

Adventure ocean has activities for kids from 10p on for, i think, $5 per hour. Just don't fall asleep and leave the poor guy there all night. :eek:

Will be cruising with our 13 yr old child in a Jr Suite on Voyager. The photos show a "privacy curtain" that divides the bed from the pull out couch. It doesn't look so "private". Does the curtain stretch out or is it more of a decorative "pretend" privacy curtain. If so, any ideas on how to make a privacy curtain? You all have such great suggestions for us firs time cruisers. I'm thinking of building a fort over our bed with one of those foam egg carton mattress covers that everyone is posting about ??!! If not I guess it's out to our nice big aft balcony (which also doesn't look so private). ;)

the curtain shown in the serenade pictures was a full curtain it went across the entire room! and it was a life saver with 2 teen girls 1 not a family member, also here's a tip/trick if you open the far closet door and the bathroom door and make a triangle shape it gives you a small changing area!

We had an outstanding privacy curtain in our Grand Suite on the AOS. The curtain was heavy broccade and spanned the entire width of the cabin. We are sailing in a JS on our next cruise and will definitely miss this added feature of the GS :(

Archived