Royal Alaska Menus

caravellov1

Sorry if this has already been asked, but do any recent cruisers on Royal Princess have copies of the MDR menus. If not, can you advise which nights would be best to skip the MDR and go to a specialty restaurant. Thanks

1 hour ago, caravellov1 said:

Sorry if this has already been asked, but do any recent cruisers on Royal Princess have copies of the MDR menus. If not, can you advise which nights would be best to skip the MDR and go to a specialty restaurant. Thanks

Just sailed on Royal but sorry, no menus. Nobody can really advise you which nights to do what. If it's dependent on the menu being served, we dont know what you do or do not like. When will you have late excursions, which events  do you want to be sure to not miss, etc. I would personally book specialty dining on a formal night,  others would not miss formal night for anything.  

Edited by Buckeye10640

7 hours ago, caravellov1 said:

Once you're on the ship, you can look ahead to all the menus and make a decision based on the menu choices.  

Royal also has included enhanced alfredo's.  It's fantastic.  As is the sushi for a nominal fee.  

Alaska menu is normally more fish and crab.  They also used to have seafood boils for an upcharge.  Not sure if they've brought them back, but the price was worth it, if you like seafood.  

22 hours ago, caravellov1 said:

My thought is that whatever you get in the restaurant will better than what’s in the MDR anyway. 

23 minutes ago, Kay S said:

My thought is that whatever you get in the restaurant will better than what’s in the MDR anyway. 

I would beg to differ the Crown Grill has been very up and down since the restart and I have never like the food at the so called Bistro le Mer

2 hours ago, memoak said:

I would beg to differ the Crown Grill has been very up and down since the restart and I have never like the food at the so called Bistro le Mer

As they say, to each his own.

I just got off the Royal but I'm sorry-- no menu pictures. 

The second formal night is Italian night which was very good in my opinion. Each night offers a variety of entrees (from fish to meat) so it really depends on what you like.

They do post the MDR dinner menus early in the day, both on the Princess app and outside the dining rooms, so you can look then and decide.