Self disembarkation

Thebox

My son has an early flight out of Germany. Does Oceania allow self disembarkation? In addition, if the ship "arrives" at 8 AM, what time would you estimate clearance to disembark? Thanks so much for your help!

Yes, Oceania allows self-disembarkation. We were off within an hour or so of arrival, but I would imagine it depends on the port and how fast the ship is cleared by port officials. We were in Los Angeles (San Pedro).  

26 minutes ago, Thebox said:

My son has an early flight out of Germany. Does Oceania allow self disembarkation? In addition, if the ship "arrives" at 8 AM, what time would you estimate clearance to disembark? Thanks so much for your help!

Pack light! Had an couple on Sirena (11/2022) that were waiting to disembark. They each had just a moderately small carry-on bag. I said, "Is that all you had for our 10 nights?" He said, "Yes, we've learned to pack really light." So they didn't have to worry about leaving any luggage outside their room the night before. And when the door opened and the disembarking started, they just booked on out.

From our 2 cruises that disembarked at Miami, took about an hour or 90 minutes for clearance. BUT that is up to each port and cruise. (Hear TA cruises take longer due to customs issues.)

As fyi... At Miami the holdup in Terminal J is the one elevator to get down to the luggage & customs area. Backs people up right as they try to get off the ship. Wife and I don't take it and we try to slide past those waiting for it to take the stairs down. Can be a long line. Including walkers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

Pack light! Had an couple on Sirena (11/2022) that were waiting to disembark. They each had just a moderately small carry-on bag. I said, "Is that all you had for our 10 nights?" He said, "Yes, we've learned to pack really light." So they didn't have to worry about leaving any luggage outside their room the night before. And when the door opened and the disembarking started, they just booked on out.

From our 2 cruises that disembarked at Miami, took about an hour or 90 minutes for clearance. BUT that is up to each port and cruise. (Hear TA cruises take longer due to customs issues.)

As fyi... At Miami the holdup in Terminal J is the one elevator to get down to the luggage & customs area. Backs people up right as they try to get off the ship. Wife and I don't take it and we try to slide past those waiting for it to take the stairs down. Can be a long line. Including walkers.

Now that you mention it, the hardest part of our self-disembarkation was snagging an elevator on the ship! Eventually we gave up and schlepped our bags down the stairs.

45 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

(Hear TA cruises take longer due to customs issues.)

Make that transoceanics inbound to the US.  CPB has an extra helping of inspection for those.

In any event, cutting debarkation connections close is asking for trouble from any number of issues: customs folks sick, fog, dock strike, man overboard, aiding a sinking fishing boat, ... ... ....

We're disembarking at the Manhattan cruise terminal.  We have 3 previous stops in US ports (Bar Harbor, Boston and Newport).  Is my assumption correct we would already do the US Customs stuff before we hit NYC and if that's the case, what should our expectations then be for self disembark action after docking at 8:00am?  We'd like to get off ASAP.  Thanks for any info.