Rotterdam retreat cabanas

unclerich

We've had retreat cabanas on other HAL ships, but not Pinnacle class. Do you have a preference for cabana location on the Rotterdam - port/starboard or overlooking the pool?

We're considering air circulation with the plexiglass panels and trying to avoid a sense of feeling crowded.

Do you have a recommendation for any particular location to avoid?

Thanks for your help. 

Richard 

I would go 17, 18, 19 in that area.  I’ve had the ones on the other side and it feels like there is more traffic.  I don’t like all the plexiglass on the pinnacle ships because it does cut down on the air flow. On the non pinnacle I prefer the ones facing the pool for the airflow.  I haven’t been on the Rotterdam but have been on the koningsdam and nieuw statendam which are exactly the same.

22 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I would go 17, 18, 19 in that area.  I’ve had the ones on the other side and it feels like there is more traffic.  I don’t like all the plexiglass on the pinnacle ships because it does cut down on the air flow. On the non pinnacle I prefer the ones facing the pool for the airflow.  I haven’t been on the Rotterdam but have been on the koningsdam and nieuw statendam which are exactly the same.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Where are you going ?

we are with the Rotterdam in Norway right now and are the only one booked a cabana - so we can change everyday.

Avoid no 1-3 and 19-22 because if the people come out of the door they can look into your cabana… all the others look good to me 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JanDom said:

Where are you going ?

we are with the Rotterdam in Norway right now and are the only one booked a cabana - so we can change everyday.

Avoid no 1-3 and 19-22 because if the people come out of the door they can look into your cabana… all the others look good to me 

You’re just the person I need to ask - do you feel like the cabana is worth it on a Norway itinerary? I didn’t even know if they’d be offered… Husband and I will be on the July 1 Midnight Sun on Rotterdam, and while we greatly enjoyed having a cabana on our last Caribbean trip, we weren’t sure if the temperature and almost guaranteed daily rain would make it worth it… Would love to hear your thoughts!

20 minutes ago, camucia said:

You’re just the person I need to ask - do you feel like the cabana is worth it on a Norway itinerary? I didn’t even know if they’d be offered… Husband and I will be on the July 1 Midnight Sun on Rotterdam, and while we greatly enjoyed having a cabana on our last Caribbean trip, we weren’t sure if the temperature and almost guaranteed daily rain would make it worth it… Would love to hear your thoughts!

Not easy to answer.

We are on a 14 days cruise.

The first 7 days we had a lot of rain, so we were not missing a cabana. 
this 7 days cruise should have better weather.

We were on the smaller ships of HAL before and we think the Rotterdam is very crowed on sea days, every time at the lido pool and in the lido and MDR.

we were really stressed to get something to eat or find a free place in the sun. 
Now we were at the Canada every day, we did not have to go to the lido for lunch because they go and get it for you, we have a bubble bath for our own.

today the weather wasn’t good, but we went to our cabana, reading a book and use the towel as a blanket and it was very fine.

Rotterdam has a lot of Dutch people on board, this is why we are missing the typical HAL feeling and are very happy to have this extra space 

• Like 1

Picture taken yesterday on our sea day, finding a perfect spot with no wind and sunshine 🙂 

As I sayed- we are the only one on this cruise / so a very private place 😉 IMG_5738.thumb.jpeg.4ce6dd164f32b9a2ba247888535d36e5.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JanDom said:

Picture taken yesterday on our sea day, finding a perfect spot with no wind and sunshine 🙂 

As I sayed- we are the only one on this cruise / so a very private place 😉 IMG_5738.thumb.jpeg.4ce6dd164f32b9a2ba247888535d36e5.jpeg

Thanks so much for the quick reply! Would the port or starboard facing sides be better than front facing? I would think that if it’s raining, that rain would be right into your face on the front, but maybe not so bad on the sides.

We did not have a cabana last week 

(sorry - my Handy is writing Canada instead of cabana 😵‍💫).

The Cabana’s are looking to the sides or back facing. Wind and rain can be heavy in Norway but in July the weather should be better than it is now… 

The front/back facing cabanas had Wind the last three days, so we were happy on the side.

We can send some pictures of a hopefully sunny day tomorrow if you have any further questions !! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1