Disney Gift Cards

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Disney cruising. I have been on a few RC cruises where you can purchase a drink package.  I read that DCL doesn't have a alcohol drink package which is fine. My adult children and grandchildren are coming on the cruise as well. I was thinking of getting Disney gift cards for my children as Christmas/birthday gifts prior to the cruise.  I read that Disney gift cards can be used on the ship and Castaway Cay.  If you want to pay for drinks added to your cabin account, how does that work? Do I upload the cards to my account? Thank you for your help.

2 hours ago, cruisingalong2018 said:

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Disney cruising. I have been on a few RC cruises where you can purchase a drink package.  I read that DCL doesn't have a alcohol drink package which is fine. My adult children and grandchildren are coming on the cruise as well. I was thinking of getting Disney gift cards for my children as Christmas/birthday gifts prior to the cruise.  I read that Disney gift cards can be used on the ship and Castaway Cay.  If you want to pay for drinks added to your cabin account, how does that work? Do I upload the cards to my account? Thank you for your help.

The gift card must be applied to the onboard account.  Then, anything they purchase onboard with their KTTW card will be deducted from the onboard account credit.